Problems with tarball install

Dear,

I’ve set up clear CentOS 6.2 (64bit) installation as a XEN vps. When i want to install freePBX (using the tarball, http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/installation), i get these errors:

[root@v01 ~]# cd /usr/src/freepbx-2.9.0
[root@v01 freepbx-2.9.0]# ./start_asterisk start

STARTING ASTERISK
./start_asterisk: regel 60: /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: Bestand of map bestaat niet
Asterisk Started

[root@v01 freepbx-2.9.0]# ./install_amp
Checking for PEAR DB…FAILED
PHP Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘Europe/Berlin’ for ‘CEST/2.0/DST’ instead in /usr/src/freepbx-2.9.0/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php on line 71
[FATAL] PEAR must be installed (requires DB.php). Include path: .:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php
PHP Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system’s timezone settings. You are required to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected ‘Europe/Berlin’ for ‘CEST/2.0/DST’ instead in /usr/src/freepbx-2.9.0/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php on line 71

“Bestand of map bestaat niet” is dutch for “File or directory doesn’t exist”. Can someone please let me know what i do wrong or what the solution is? Because it is a vps, i can re-install it whenever i want to. FreePBX is the only thing that is running on it.

Hey krisken

If you have your heart set on a manual install, I suggest you follow these guidelines.

These are for a CentOS 5.5 install, but will work just fine on 6.2.

Be prepared though; for a newbie (not that I’m proclaiming to be a pro) there’s a lot of stuff that you have to get exactly right, and you have already seen how important getting all the dep’s right is.

The pain free method of course is to use a distro.

Well, i’ve tried to use the pages on powerpbx.org for centos 6.2 and i suppose that that is a little too hard for me to install. Some things went well, some things didn’t. So i suppose it is a little too much for me :slight_smile:

It’s powerpbx.org

There is no specific reason why i use centos 6.2, it is just the most recent version of centos, and, as i told before, i’m not that “into” linux. So i just installed the OS i’m familiar with (eg webserver runs on it).

I’ll take a look on PowerBBX.org and let you know!

I don’t think you are going to have much success with those packages.

The guys at PowerPBX.org have a complete bare metal 6.2 install procedure on their site. In fact they are always my go to site for system installation instructions.

Any reason why you are stuck on using CentOS 6?

Dear SimCity,
I’ve tried your link (http://www.markinthedark.nl/news/ubuntu-linux-unix/69-installing-freepbx-28-with-asterisk-18-on-centos-55.html) as well, but also…i don’t get it working. Problems with the installation of the dadhi packet.

It looks to me like you did not install any of the dependencies.

Is Asterisk and Pear installed? There are many more dependencies. Please review the installation instructions for clarification.

Once you review the documentation let us know if you have any questions.

Dear SkyhighOH,

First of all : thank you for your quick answer. It was indeed a mistake to just install LAMP, and not Asterisk. I tought, wrongly, that freePBX would install Asterisk it all.

Now, i tried to install Asterisk as well (i’ve add them to the repo’s) but i’ve seen that hey only support centos 5.x (see http://packages.asterisk.org/centos/) and not 6.2. Could there be a problem there as well?

I’m just a beginner into linux/centos. I have some freepbx/voip experiences with using it, but never install it all.

Follow these steps to recompile and re-install DAHDI from source:

cd /usr/src/
wget http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/dahdi-linux-complete/releases/dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1.tar.gz
tar zxvf dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1.tar.gz
cd dahdi-linux-complete-2.6.1+2.6.1
make all
make install
make config
/etc/init.d/dahdi restart
chkconfig dahdi on

Then reboot to ensure all is well and starting correctly.

Go into Asterisk CLI> and type dahdi show status

you should get something like:
“Description Alarms IRQ bpviol CRC Fra Codi Options LBO”

All done!

…forgot to add, since you are following the “roll your own” path then if you are using yum to keep your system updated, if you update your linux kernel, DAHDI will break and you will need to reinstall it for the new kernel version.

I’ve tried, but well…other errors came up…
Is there anyone here who wants to install freepbx/asterisk on that specific vps? A payment is possible.