Problems Updating DAHDI

So I noticed that DAHDI hasn’t updated out of RC5, and when I do a “yum list installed”, they’re yellow colored - which from what I understand means that yum thinks they’re newer than what’s available in the repository. Any suggestions on how to get them to update?

Which FreePBX Distro you’re referring to?

Just as example, on a FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-5 the installed DAHDI RPM package has version 2.8.0-27, so what’re you looking for exactly?

Sorry for not being clearer. I’m on FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-4. I’ve got DAHDI 2.8.0-RC5, and I was hoping to update to 2.8.0 stable.

I’ve been using SysAdminPro for my updates, and actually, it’s not showing the update for 5.211.65-5 - either. Last update it seemed to get stuck repeating “Upgrade process successfully completed!” once a minute for several days, until today, when I changed the update check frequency to “never”. No idea how to fix that, either.

It’s either two separate issues, or I’ve got some bigger issues going on…

I too have FreePBX System Admin Pro module but I never performed a core upgrade (from -n to -n+1) using it: I always preferred to act manually downloading the relevant update script and then proceeding as per Wiki instructions here.

Your FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-4 was upgraded from -3 to -4 or was installed directly in -4 through ISO?

If it was upgraded from minor release revision -3 did you rebooted the whole system at the end of update procedure?

If you feel that repeating message “Upgrade process successfully completed!” is the result of a bug regarding the automatic System Admin Pro update procedure try to open an Issue Ticket with details and logs.

By the way if I were you, once collected logs for the Issue Ticket, I will perform a system reboot, a “yum clean all” and an “updatedb” (even if every upgrade scripts does them automatically) then I will download the FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-5 update script and launch it as per instructions reported above watching what’s happening during the upgrade procedure.

Eventually you can perform a “/usr/sbin/sysadmin_update_system” command available when System Admin Pro is available.

At the end the FreePBX Distro should be on -5 without any final reboot required.

P.S.
I don’t know if the (stock) DAHDI provided with FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-5 is a stable/release candidate version. I think it can considered pretty stable but you should ask to developers.
As written before an updated FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-5 shows a DAHDI version 2.8.0-27.

So I finally got a weekend when I could come in and work on this. I was able to update from -4 to -5 by update script, but all DAHDI related packages are still at 2.8.0rc5 instead of 2.8.0. Yum says they are newer than the packages available in the repository.

I’ve listed the versions installed below:
dahdi-linux.x86_64 2.8.0rc5-26_centos6
dahdi-linux-debuginfo.x86_64 2.8.0rc5-26_centos6
dahdi-linux-devel.x86_64 2.8.0rc5-26_centos6
dahdi-linux-kmod-debuginfo.x86_64 2.8.0rc5-63_centos6.2.6.32_431.el6.x86_64
dahdi-tools.x86_64 2.8.0rc5-44_centos6
dahdi-tools-debuginfo.x86_64 2.8.0rc5-44_centos6
dahdi-tools-doc.x86_64 2.8.0rc5-44_centos6
kmod-dahdi-linux.86_64 2.8.0rc5-63_centos6.2.6.32_431.el6.x86_64
libtonezone.x86_64 2.8.0rc5-44_centos6
libtonezone-devel-x86_64 2.8.0rc5-44_centos6

All of these packages have a newer version in the repository. Everything else seems to work fine. Any ideas on how to make them update? Or am I better off just reinstalling from a -5 ISO?

Speaking about your system’s installed (DAHDI) packages you wrote two contradicting sentences:

“Yum says they are newer than the packages available in the repository.”

and:

“All of these packages have a newer version in the repository”

So what’s true? IMHO you screwed up something by manually updating/installing DAHDI packages from other repositories…what is your actual repositories configuration?

What happens if you remove/install dahdi* now that (probably) your FreePBX Distro repositories were fixed after the -4 to -5 update?

On my FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-5 the system has (from FreePBX Distro PBX repository):

dahdi-linux 2.8.0-27_centos6
dahdi-linux-debuginfo 2.8.0-27_centos6
dahdi-linux-devel 2.8.0-27_centos6
dahdi-linux-kmod-debuginfo 2.8.0-64_centos6.2.6.32_431.el6
dahdi-tools 2.8.0-46_centos6

I don’t even know how to change the repository information - so they’re set to whatever the distro comes with.

The two statements are not contradictory. I know that there are newer versions of these package in the repository - but Yum thinks that the packages installed are newer than those in the repository (they’re highlighted yellow). Yum is wrong, and I don’t know how to fix it - hence my post.

I’ll have to try the remove/install this weekend, if that’s what you’re recommending.

If you think YUM is behaving in a strange way (I doubt) you can perform a “yum clean all” then a “updatedb” (eventually a “rpm --rebuilddb”) and finally a “yum repolist” to update the YUM Repositories.

After those commands, check with “yum list dahdi*” the Installed/Available packages.

Pay attention to the repository’s list yum updates; in a FreePBX Distro that list should contain:

Base
Extras
PBX
Schmooze-Commercial
Updates

and you can look at their configurations by doing a cat of each file available under /etc/yum.repos.d/ folder, in a FreePBX Distro there should be only one file: freepbx.repo.

Which FreePBX Distro are your system running now? Which one your system started with?

I appreciate your help. I hadn’t had a chance to try that - but it looks like now that DAHDI is up to 2.9 it will update when I do the next distro upgrade. Thanks, again!

Yes, I updated my FreePBX Distro 5.211.65-5 to latest 5.211.65-6 and DADHI was updated from 2.8 to 2.9.