Problem with repositories while updating to 10.13.66-14


I tried to update one of my installation from 10.13.66-13 to 10.13.66-14 but I got the following error when the script tried to do yum update:

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod Setting up Update Process Determining fastest mirrors YumRepo Error: All mirror URLs are not using ftp, http[s] or file. Eg. </html>/ removing mirrorlist with no valid mirrors: /var/cache/yum/x86_64/6/base/mirrorlist.txt Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: base
The repository is only the FreePBX uses:

ls -lah /etc/yum.repos.d/ total 20K drwxr-xr-x. 2 root root 4.0K Aug 9 14:59 . drwxr-xr-x. 99 root root 12K Aug 9 14:53 .. -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1.6K Aug 9 15:00 FreePBX.repo

My resolv.conf:
cat /etc/resolv.conf nameserver nameserver

Also I tried to get the content of the mirrorlist yum is calling by using:
curl -H 'User-agent: urlgrabber/3.1.0 yum/3.2.22' ''

And I got:

Which is the correct URL.Any ideas what it might be?



Your nameservers are pointing to localhost and a private IP. Does whatever at have proper DNS lookups for the PBX system to use?

You should update your DNS to include at least so theres a real DNS server doing lookups.

Please note that “” is a really nice thing, but people should be using the DNS their service providers recommend. Going out to Google every time you want to look something up can actually add to the problem people have.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t use it, but there should be a “closer” DNS that can be used for many of the people out there.

Once again, as a “boiler plate” DNS, or if you are writing a distro and need to make sure that DNS works from the outset, is neat and cool, but you should be able to get to the point where you aren’t schlepping halfway around the world every time you want to look up a name/address pair.


Yes, the nameserver works ok

dig A @

; <<>> DiG 9.8.2rc1-RedHat-9.8.2-0.30.rc1.el6_6.3 <<>> A @
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 55261
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

; IN A


;; Query time: 12 msec
;; WHEN: Tue Aug 9 17:10:59 2016
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 45

Also I tried with ONLY and still the same problem.