Problem with pnpd

the following kills the server every 15 minutes or so, killing all reloading gets it running again. this is the only thing i can find in the logs:

May 23 15:34:02 freepbx pnp_server: Starting Sangoma pnp_server
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx pnp_server: Traceback (most recent call last):
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx pnp_server: File “/usr/local/bin/pnp_server”, line 242, in
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx pnp_server: sysadmin = get_sysadmin_settings()
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx pnp_server: File “/usr/local/bin/pnp_server”, line 98, in get_sysadmin_settings
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx pnp_server: dbh = get_db_handle()
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx pnp_server: File “/usr/local/bin/pnp_server”, line 57, in get_db_handle
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx pnp_server: db = MySQLdb.connect(host=fpbx[‘AMPDBHOST’], user=fpbx[‘AMPDBUSER’], passwd=fpbx[‘AMPDBPASS’], db=fpbx[‘AMPDBNAME’])
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx pnp_server: KeyError: ‘AMPDBHOST’
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx systemd: sangoma-pnpd.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx systemd: Unit sangoma-pnpd.service entered failed state.
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx systemd: sangoma-pnpd.service failed.
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx systemd: sangoma-pnpd.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx systemd: Stopped Sangoma PnP Service.
May 23 15:34:02 freepbx systemd: Started Sangoma PnP Service.

I’ve looked all over but the only thing i can find is someone who altered that manually, that is great until the first reload

/etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf:AMPDBENGINE = mysql
/etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf:AMPDBHOST = localhost
/etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf:AMPDBNAME = asterisk
/etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf:AMPDBUSER = freepbxuser
/etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf:AMPDBPASS = (notshown)

Any ideas that may be helpful ?

Is your PBX up to date?

Also, as a band-aid, did you try disabling PNP?

in fact i had the problem on another server and the upgrade to 15 solved the problem, so i had high hopes, alas
(so yes it is very up-to-date)

Disabling i have not yet done, even if the system becomes stable that is not the solution :slight_smile:

Ok so most likely not a PNP issue (stopping it gave no improvement) but i still have no idea what it was.

Switched to asterisk 16 with version-switch and it has been working fine now for 2 hours + where it prior to that stopped every 10 minutes at most.

thanks for suggestions

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.