Problem with blind transfer

Greetings, we have a problem with blind transfers from a queue

The problem:

Incomming call X comes into queue 500, agent A picks up phone and does a blind transfer to agent B
Agent B does not pick up the call. Agent B is set to transfer the call back to queue 500 in that case.
Call X enters Queue 500. Queue 500 has two agents: Agent A and Agent B. Only Agent B rings, Agent A does not!
Agent A can be reached directly (dialing extention number)

Agent A will also NOT RING if he is a part of queue 501 and a caller enters Queue 501.

Also tried another situation where call is not send back to original queue
Incomming call X comes into queue 500, agent A picks up phone and does a blind transfer to agent B
Agent B does not pick up the call. Agent B is set to transfer the call back to queue 510 in that case.
Call X enters Queue 510. Queue 510 has two agents: Agent A and Agent C. Only Agent C rings, Agent A does not!
Agent A can be reached directly (dialing extention number)

Summary: Agent A acts as if he is occupied, even though he is not, as long as noone answers caller X. However: agent A can be reached directly.
Extra info: Queue module has the latest update.
I tried using ## instead of transfer key, but same result: phone doesnā€™t seem to be the problem. (Grandstream GXP2160)

I tried turning on: Call waiting in phone and in extention: NO EFFECT
Also, I couldnā€™t find something in the logsā€¦

Finally: Queue skip busy agents is set to NO, Using other settings doesnā€™t change anything.
(Extension is set to USE QUEUE STATE, but changing this to ā€œignore stateā€ had no effect.

Extra addendum @ 24/04
It seems that the extension who transfers the call can not be rung in a queue as long as the person who was transferred finished his call.

This behavior is NOT seen if the incomming call was to an extension directly.

Glad to answer any additional questions.

EDIT:
The same problem is mentioned here but never resolved (2009)

I have seen what you are describing, where queue agents are considered busy when they have transferred a queue call, even when not using a ring strategy that uses ā€˜ringinuse=noā€™. What Asterisk version are you using? If 13, try setting the ā€˜wrap up timeā€™ to zero to see if that helps.

Hello,

This has indeed fixed the issue!

Why this is caused I do not know.
I laso tried installing Freepbx14 RC. The behavior there is as expected.

We are running the latest stable distro, patched fully.

I also made a bug report for this but was closed due to not being a bugā€¦ but this looks like a bug to me. Shall I open it up again?

PS: Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

1 Like

This is a bug, but itā€™s an Asterisk bug, not a FreePBX bug. You can watch the ticket here:

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-26400