Problem with 'Apply Config' means I cannot turn of logging, and hard drive is filling up way fast

If the interface is unavailable for changing settings is there another way through a command line to turn off all logging in Freepbx and Assterisk (I have a problem with the DAHDI install and will have to do it again) also the mySQL DB is filling up with crap from the logging. I can’t build logrotator scripts fast enough to stop the disk from filling up…

Thanks

Why would the DB be filling up? The logs are text.

You can turn off logging in /etc/asterisk/logger.conf

I assume /var/log/asterisk/full is filling up?

Hi It turns out it was a Migrated backup that went nuts. We have over 111MB of voice mails and it was backing up almost every 15 minutes. I have deleted the backup from the Admin panel but since I cannot run ‘Apply Config’ I can’t stop it unless I shutdown amportal, httpd amd mysqld. Is there any way to clear the stuff pending in Apply Config though a record removal from the DB?

Thanks

I checked the DB with phpMyAdmin and I don’t see anything for the “Apply Config”, I checked the /var/lib/asterisk/bin/ and there are several scripts (such as retieve_conf) that when run they generate the same error I see (other posting), but I can’t seem to figure out where its getting whats been clicked and saved… any help would be appreciated.

When you save you are writing to the database, when you apply settings you are generating Asterisk config files.

Remember Asterisk has no connection to the database other than CDR’s. The DB is used by FreePBX to construct the Asterisk Dial Plan.

So you are saying that the DB is corrupt since FreePBX cannot write a dial plan. If my backup copies are version 2.8 can I restore those to a 2.9 or 2.10 freepbx version (after wiping the DB and reinstalling freepx). If not where can I download the old version, sourceforge only has up to version 2.6.

Thanks