Problem When Installing FreePBX 13 with Asterisk 13 on Ubuntu 16.04amd64

Greetings folks,
I have successfully installed FreePBX 13 along with Asterisk 13 multiple times over the last year or so, following this guide located at:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/Installing+FreePBX+13+on+Ubuntu+Server+14.04.2+LTS
A few days ago, I found a comment on the bottom of that page which was just what I needed. Modified instructions for installing on Ubuntu 16.04 found here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8w4ZQV13bCSNDMzNFFmTWVSVVE/edit
Everything went smoothly (with a few glitches along the road that were quickly fixed after researching my issue), until I came to installing FreePBX.
No matter how I run ./install, with or without the -N argument, I get this error: It’s a little long, but I figured too much information is better than not enough information.
[email protected]:/usr/src/freepbx# ./install -n
PHP Warning: Declaration of FreePBX\Install\FreePBXHelpCommand::setCommand(FreePBX\Install\FreePBXInstallCommand $command) should be compatible with Symfony\Component\Console\Command\HelpCommand::setCommand(Symfony\Component\Console\Command\Command $command) in /usr/src/freepbx/installlib/installhelpcommand.class.php on line 15
Assuming you are Database Root
Checking if SELinux is enabled…Its not (good)!
No /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf file detected. Installing…PHP Warning: Illegal string offset ‘directories’ in /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/LoadConfig.class.php on line 317
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/LoadConfig.class.php:317
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/LoadConfig.class.php(81): FreePBX\LoadConfig->explodeConfig(Array)
#1 /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/LoadConfig.class.php(41): FreePBX\LoadConfig->loadConfig(‘asterisk.conf’, ‘/usr/src/freepb…’)
#2 /usr/src/freepbx/installlib/installer.class.php(47): FreePBX\LoadConfig->__construct(‘Fake FreePBX Ob…’, ‘asterisk.conf’, ‘/usr/src/freepb…’)
#3 /usr/src/freepbx/installlib/installcommand.class.php(217): FreePBX\Install\Installer->asterisk_conf_read(’/usr/src/freepb…’)
#4 /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Command/Command.php(257): FreePBX\Install\FreePBXInstallCommand->execute(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#5 /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdo in /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/admin/libraries/BMO/LoadConfig.class.php on line 317
I’m not sure what to do. I followed everything in that modified guide exactly, only changing things to point to the proper locations of certain files and whatnot.
Am I doing something wrong? is there something missing in that guide? is that guide totally wrong and should I just toss it in the nearest recycling bin?
I’ve been using Ubuntu for a few years now, but am still by name a newbie to it, so please bare with me if I don’t understand certain things. This goes for programming/coding in PHP/Asterisk/FreePBX as well, which I haven’t really done anything at all in.
Also I thought it worth mentioning I’m visually impaired/blind as well, so asking for/posting pictures and/or screenshots wouldn’t help. I can, however, copy/paste here certain configuration files or whatnot if needed to trouble shoot the issue.
Thanks so much in advance!