Problem when ./install_amp

Hi newbie here…

I am building an Asterisk server using UBUNTU Server Feisty edition. I am following the guidelines posted on this website http://aussievoip.com.au/wiki/freePBX-Ubuntu. When i run ./install_amp I get the following messages

Configuring install for your environment…chown: cannot access /var/run/asterisk : No such file or directory. I’ve ls to that directory and I dont see a file named asterisk?

Setting permission on files:…chown: cannot access /var/run/asterisk : No such file or directory. I’ve ls to that directory and I dont see a file named asterisk?

Reading /etc/amportal.conf…
Warning: file(etc/amportal.conf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 43

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 44
Ok
Reading /asterisk.conf…
Warning: file(/asterisk.conf): failed to stream: No such file or directory in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 71

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 72
[FATAL] Failed

Everything eles seems to be ok, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

sounds like a series of permission problems, make sure everything installed is owned by asterisk (other than /usr/sbin/amportal).

I’m sorry, could you be a bit more specific here. what exactly do you mean? Are you talking about software/programs? Is there a file I need to nano? I have rebuilt my UBUNTU feisty server system a dozen times, starting from scratch. I feel like I’m finally close on figuring how to install Asterisk and FreePBX together. Please help. Should I take a look at /usr/bin and do an ls and show you what’s in there?

Reading /etc/amportal.conf…
Warning: file(etc/amportal.conf): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 43

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 44
Ok
Reading /asterisk.conf…
Warning: file(/asterisk.conf): failed to stream: No such file or directory in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 71

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 72
[FATAL] Failed

Any ideas?

Ok, this was an easy fix found on this website…
http://www.powerontech.com/freepbx-on-debian.htm

I simply had to #mkdir /var/run/asterisk

now on to the next problems…