Problem to install new sysadmin 12.0.9.7

I’m not sure what is meant by the above comment, can you clarify?

Hi,

so after a long time the “yum install sysadmin” finished.
Now I started the installation

Detected Missing Dependency of: sysadmin 2.11.0.50
Downloading Missing Dependency of: sysadmin 2.11.0.50
Found module locally, verifying...Verified. Using Local

Untaring..Done
Module sysadmin successfully downloaded
Installing Missing Dependency of: sysadmin 2.11.0.50
2.7.0 200.shmz65.1.16
Successfully copied LoadLicenseIfExists.php.
mv: cannot stat `/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/license-*.zl': No such file or directory
(Not all processes could be identified, non-owned process info
 will not be shown, you would have to be root to see it all.)

These messages are still showing up if I run the upgrade script. Please note the I have to press CTRL+C to exit the loop of this messages:

Then I tried to install the sysadmin addon in FreePBX.

Installing sysadmin
2.7.0 200.shmz65.1.16 Successfully copied
LoadLicenseIfExists.php.

I don’t receive any other information but I guess that the system stucked in the look like I have on the console.

Hope that this helps.

Best regards
Timmi

Update:

The /var/log/httpd/error_log get flooded with this messages:

hi there,

i’m exactly in same configuration than TimmiORG except my distro run under eSXi VM.
upgrade from 5.211.65 to 6.12.65… many update worked fine until sysadmin 12.0.9.5. the next upgrade fail and i never successfully reinstall sysadmin…
i think the first sysadmin failure remove some file that is now needed… but i’m not expert for this distro to find what’s wrong…

@TimmiORG, Earlier you stated you were using the Distro 6.12.65.22. Did you at one point remove the sysadmin rpm as that should already be installed and should have nothing to do with the module not installing so long as the rpm is installed.

Also are you running this on a dedicated hardware box, virtual machines, etc?

@GameGamer43
I upgraded from the latest upgrade-5.211.65-to-6.12.65-20. After upgrade I was missing the sysadmin module. But I was able to install it through the FreePBX Module manager. During that time I had the 12.0.9.5 installed. From there on I was not able to install any update of the module.

During my test I deinstalled the rpm package through yum a few times.

My system is running in a linux kvm enviroment.

Best regards
Timmi

@TimmiORG, Couple more questions as I try to track this down. Is the linux kvm environment with a specific provider or is this all on your hardware you control? If this isn’t a providers environment, do you see the same issue if you bring up a new system? Is this Sysadmin Pro (as if this is Sysadmin Pro, I’d highly recommend opening a commercial module support ticket on this) or just the Free version of Sysadmin?

@GameGamer43

I didn’t try on a new system. The KVM is running on our internal HW. In addition I’m running the free version of sysadmin.

Best regards
Timmi

@GameGamer43

Please note that I have install the version 12.0.9.6 of sysadmin without issues.
So I guess the change is only in the 12.0.9.7 which is causing this problem.

Best regards
Timmi

After working with @TimmiORG on this, for anyone having this issue, I recommend downgrading to sysadmin 12.0.9.5 and then upgrading to the latest release of the sysadmin module.

1 Like

Hello, I have FreePBX distro install from this location: http://schmoozecom.com/distro-download.php

My version is:
[root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version
6.12.65-22

I have a fresh install and I have this bug as well. System Admin was installed, but said it had an upgrade to 12.0.11. The upgrade window just displays this info, and then it is frozen. The entire web interface/httpd is frozen:

Installing sysadmin
2.7.0 200.shmz65.1.16 Successfully copied
LoadLicenseIfExists.php.

If I run the command:

sudo -u asterisk /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin install sysadmin

It just says:

[root@localhost ~]# sudo -u asterisk /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin install sysadmin
2.7.0 200.shmz65.1.14
Successfully copied LoadLicenseIfExists.php.
mv: cannot stat `/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/license-*.zl’: No such file or directory

And this goes on for infinity, I need to CTRL-C it to stop.

Please help!

How do I downgrade to a previous version?

Go to Module Admin, click the button that says “Check Online”. After the systems checks for online updates, go click on the System Administration module. Then click on the “Previous” link in the left nav menu underneath the module. There you will see the versions that are available for you to rollback to.

Thanks, I tried to downgrade to 12.0.9.7 and it failed in exactly the same way again, but after doing a reboot (since the httpd is stuck in an infinite loop) it seems to have re-enabled the 12.0.9.7 module. Is there a recommended way to do a backup of the entire FreePBX system before updating, so if an update bricks the system, I can restore? I know there is the Backup Module, but if the web interface becomes un-accessible I would not know how to go about restoring the system!

@BrettKuntz, You need to downgrade to 12.0.9.5 before upgrading the System Administration Module.

As for backing up FreePBX, you may want to read about the backup and restore module.

I did a Backup & Restore using that module, but even the Restore was unable to put back the old System Admin module. Absolutely no Sysadmin module can be downloaded/installed/enabled at all. Have you figured out why it is putting httpd into an infinite loop? It is using 100% CPU execution time of my core. YUM goes into an infinite loop, Restoring from a Backup that was working fine goes into an infinite loop, the Distro Upgrade Shell Scripts go into an infinite loop. I am on a 100% clean and fresh install of the FreePBX Distro with absolutely no changes made to it, nothing else installed, nothing out of the ordinary. I haven’t even changed that many FreePBX settings, it’s just a simple box that has a phone number and a few extensions on it. I don’t understand how you are unable to re-produce this error!

Sorry, it turns out the machine we are running our FreePBX on has faulty hardware and is most likely the cause of these bugs.

@BrettKuntz, When doing a backup and restore, ensure you are not backing up your module directory otherwise you will end up with the same version of the module you currently have installed. In any event once you replace the faulty hardware, if you are still having issues let us know and we will go from there.

1 Like

Hello, I tried to upgrade just the System Admin module on another computer, one that has been working fine. It was at version .10 and wanted to go to .12, and the upgrade failed in the same pattern mentioned already. It stalls at the LoadLicense message and then httpd goes into an infinite loop where the only solution is rebooting the entire machine. I feel this bug is due to Licensed FreePBX boxes because they all update fine until I go into the System Admin panel and add a free FreePBX license, from that point on I can no longer upgrade, downgrade, or even enable any version of the Sys Admin module.

@BrettKuntz, A couple things, first you should never have to reboot a box due to a module. In this particular case, a restart of apache may resolve the issue temporarily if a module install is hanging. Regardless of that, let’s try to get to the bottom of the issue you are experiencing. Before the upgrade do you have all of the ports set in the Port Management page of System Administration? Also can you pm me the Deployment ID (which you can get by running cat /etc/schmooze/pbxid) as well as the license output (which can be gotten by running cat /etc/schmooze/license-*.zl).

1 Like

I usually erase (set to blank) all of the ports in Port Management except the last (port 80). Is this a bad idea? I have set them all back to default now though. I also discovered a small bug, if the website is for example 111.222.0.50:5050 and I submit any changes in the SysAdmin module, the page reloads ignoring the port (5050) and thus gives a Page Cannot Be Displayed. My Deployment ID & License Output both give the error:

[root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/schmooze/pbxid
cat: /etc/schmooze/pbxid: No such file or directory
[root@localhost ~]# cat /etc/schmooze/license-.zl
cat: /etc/schmooze/license-
.zl: No such file or directory

SysAdmin is reporting I do not have a license on this install anymore, perhaps a side-effect of trying to downgrade to 12.0.9.5 and failing.