Problem running upgrade script upgrade-1.817.210.58-1.sh

Hello All,

I have run these scripts many times without issue before.
At this point when I execute I get the below error:

./upgrade-1.817.210.58-1.sh
cat: /etc/asterisk/freepbxdistro-version: No such file or directory
cat: /etc/asterisk/freepbxdistro-vendor: No such file or directory
Check to make sure this is a FreePBX Distro system before executing
This does not appears to be a FreePBX Distro system as it has no FreePBX Distro Version file

According to the web interface we are running: PBX Firmware: 1.816.210.58-1, there is no freepbx_version file because it's on the schmooze version file: cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version 1.816.210.58-1

This is a 100% distro that is simply not upgrading.

Any help appreciated!

Quite strange.

Supposing your system was upgraded before, if you compare (as example do a meld of them both) the previous upgrade script “upgrade-1.816.210.58-1.sh” with the next one “upgrade-1.817.210.58-1.sh” you’re trying to execute, them both verify the same /etc/asterisk/freepbxdistro-version file to decide if the running system is (or not) a FreePBX Distro and, more, them both assign to then freepbxvendor parameter the cat of /etc/asterisk/freepbxdistro-vendor content.

Something deleted/altered those files that were available before?

What’s about if you do a touch to recreate both files (freepbxdistro-version and freepbxdistro-vendor) with the proper info?

Hi Tony,

I upgrade with web interface and occasionally would run upgrade scripts by hand.
Currently we’re not ready to make the bigger conversion to the current platform, it does need to be done in the long run. My goal was to get current on everything else.

Am I pretty much stuck then exactly where it is in respect to the centos & asterisk updates?

Thanks!

That means you updated your GUI I bet to FreePBX 2.11 by hand which is why the file got migrated. Those upgrade scripts are 2 years old and before the file got moved.

Secondly no real point in upgrading as you can not move beyond CentOS 5.X release without a fresh install.

So lets say I try adding the freepbxdistr-version file with 1.815.210.58-1 then upgrade to what we are already running 1.816.210.58-1 upgrade script?

Does that sound like a bad idea?