Problem installing sysadmin

Hi My freepbx says sysadmin is disabled pending upgrade to 12.0.20.4.
When I try to update it says Installing sysadmin
Sysadmin RPM needs to be updated! Run ‘yum update sysadmin’ as root to continue Error(s) installing sysadmin:
Failed to run installation scripts.

When I try yum update sysadmin it says
[[email protected] ~]# yum upgrade sysadmin
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, kmod
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

• rpmforge: ftp.heanet.ie
    Setting up Upgrade Process
    No Packages marked for Update

Please help. Thanks.

Sounds like you are not using the FreePBX Distro or our RPM Repos which is why it can not find the RPM. How did you install your PBX?

Hi I installed the distro almost 2 years ago from the ISO on the freepbx website.

Hi I installed the distro almost 2 years ago from the ISO on the freepbx website.

Regards,
Kieran.

I had this exact same problem. I wound up having to do what I discussed here: Problem upgrading to Sysadmin 12.0.27.1 module

I had the problem on 5 separate systems running FreePBX distro 11 and later. Upgrading modules caused the sysadmin module to disable itself, and nothing I could do would enable it, until removing all modules and reinstalling all of them. A critical problem, really. It’s affecting a lot of users–has to be, since I’ve seen it now on every single FreePBX install I have when I’ve updated sysadmin in the past month. Still no real idea as to what’s causing it or how to really fix it, outside of my suggestion. Problem is, I’ve seen other modules fail to reenable/reinstall after following the instructions I gave. For the first time in 4 years, I’m having production systems go down with no idea how to fix them outside of reinstallation. Also, trying to restore from a backup to an updated version fails every time. Something serious is broken in the latest version of SysAdmin/FreePBX.

After deleteall/installall, sysadmin was simply reinstalled. I did have to Apply changes then download all/update all from the module admin page afterwards before everything would work.