Problem after hardware migration

I moved my FreePBX server from one location to another by doing a full backup and restore.

Now the new server gives me the following when I go to Reports-Asterisk Info-SIP Info:

No such command ‘sip show peers’ (type ‘core show help sip show’ for other possible commands)

Both servers are on the same version 5.211.65-15
Asterisk is reporting as running

Any ideas out there???

First idea, you broke something :slight_smile: , what does

module load chan_sip.so

from the asterisk cli return?

*CLI> module load chan_sip.so
Unable to load module chan_sip.so
Command ‘module load chan_sip.so’ failed.
[2014-08-08 15:40:31] WARNING[2693]: loader.c:439 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module ‘chan_sip.so’: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_sip.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[2014-08-08 15:40:31] WARNING[2693]: loader.c:439 load_dynamic_module: Error loading module ‘chan_sip.so’: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_sip.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[2014-08-08 15:40:31] WARNING[2693]: loader.c:918 load_resource: Module ‘chan_sip.so’ could not be loaded.
[2014-08-08 15:40:31] WARNING[2693]: loader.c:918 load_resource: Module ‘chan_sip.so’ could not be loaded.
*CLI>

So, I was right :slight_smile: , you should probably start all over again, if you don’t have a functioning chan_sip then you can’t do any SIP calls. Perhaps before that your should restore the new box to the backup you made before you restored the old box over it and make sure it worked in that state. Let’s see where that takes us . . . .

Nah, I bet he upgraded to 64 bit from 32 and just needs to change /etc/asterisk.conf from /usr/lib to /usr/lib64

(probably so Scott, couldn’t someone add a test for that with non multiarch OS’ ? (hehe, just ribbing you guys on RH :wink: )

Oh, crap. That’s it. How did I miss that?

Can you walk me through a quick fix?

I’ll leave that to Scott because I can’t remember, I haven’t had to worry about that for years.

Got it, I think.

in /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

change
astmoddir => /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
to
astmoddir => /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules

seems to be working

Thank you for the help gentlemen.