Prevent Extension from Calling Itself

Hello,
It’s hard to explain this in text, but Is there a way to prevent users from dialing their own extension? In other words if the source and destination for a call are the same, then don’t allow it.

The problem that’s caused me to ask is because I’ve set up a paging group and if a person within the group pages, then their phone shows a missed call because a call comes into their own extension as part of the page.

Post the record of a call that shows the context path for the call. If there’s a way to do it, it will have to be in the paging group context.

To be clear, I don’t think the extension is calling itself - I’m pretty sure the paging group is calling it. If that’s the case, your stated assumption isn’t completely correct. Now, if there’s a way to keep the paging group from calling the originating extension, we should be able to spot where that would go from the current paging group context family.

This is part of the Open Source components of the system, so finding the place to put code that will accomplish this should be relatively simple. I suggest you take a look and see if you can figure it out. If not, you can post a Feature Request in the Support tab at the top of the page.

In the paging group, you can tell it to skip busy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.