Prepend non-numeric character to Outbound route

Dear all: As I’m using an SPA400 and I need to choose which line to use depending on the outbound route matched, I need to prepend a non-numeric character (L1, L2, L3 or L4, depending the line to be used) to the outbound route, but the prepend field only accepts numerals. If I enter L1 it gets changed to 1, L2 to 2 and so on. Is there a way to prepend a non-numeric character to the dialed number?

I see that maybe I could use “Outbound Dial Prefix” option of the trunk, but to use each line I would need to create 4 different trunks, all pointing to the same SPA400, and I don’t think that it very intuitive.

I thought about using custom contexts for the different outbound routes, but I’m not sure how to move forward. Should I delete my outbound routes that are defined through the Outbound Routes menu and manually create the custom context? Or leave the outbound routes in place and create the custom contexts anyway?

Thanks, Ariel.

The simplest way to do this at present is to use a numeric prefix for your dial patterns, then use a small block of dialplan in [macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook] that rewrites the numeric prefix to the alphanumeric prefix you need.

Thanks Lorne. I guess it’s time for me to seat and read about that context.