Possible Bug in 2.10.1.1?

After upgrade to 2.10.1.1, I starting getting this:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

[FATAL] Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting

Log shows:

[2012-08-08 13:40:19] NOTICE[30485] manager.c: 184.82.255.118 failed to pass IP ACL as ‘admin’
[2012-08-08 13:40:19] NOTICE[30485] manager.c: 184.82.255.118 failed to authenticate as ‘admin’

This seems to be an issue from earlier verions when passwords where stored in the .conf files.

make sure the manager you are using in freepbx

grep -E “AMPMGRUSER|AMPMGRPASS” /etc/amportal.conf

perhaps for example is is admin_mgr.

has the right permit=n.n.n.n/x.x.x.x in /etc/asterisk/manager*.conf
(I added displaying the password also, that of course needs to agree)

grep -A 6 admin_mgr /etc/asterisk/manager*.conf

might give a clue

I am using "admin"
The passwords match

And this is the permission:

/etc/asterisk/manager.conf-deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
/etc/asterisk/manager.conf-permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
/etc/asterisk/manager.conf-read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
/etc/asterisk/manager.conf-write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate

Same as it has always been.

Thank you for the response.

I had started another thread because I am receiving the warning below on version 1.1005.210.62-1 (2.10.1.1)

[2012-08-08 13:16:14] NOTICE[27664]: manager.c:2461 authenticate: Seems to have passed... all my permissions are correct and everything seems to be working, but it is very annoying to see this every few seconds.

I have noticed that every time the status page refreshes or I access a new page in the web GUI another line appears…

Not sure if it is related to your issue, but this is a new warning that I have not seen prior to version 1.1005.210.62-1 (2.10.1.1)

@GeekBoy

You answered your own question,

184.82.255.118 (call-clicker) does not fall in the 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0 network

IOf you are doing that sort of stuff, you need to get bigger boots my friend.

@knotbeerdan don’t hi-jack

I am accessing the site (FreePBX admin page) from 127.0.0.1 via SSH tunneling.

Okay…I think you shown me what is going on…let me give it a look.

So you don’t look like a complete idiot to us telephonistas

“In the form +012 345 6789”

looks like you don’t know your NANP from your aunty

• = 1 in NANP land, you only accept calls from there all Area codes are of the form NXX thusly +012 is just plain newbie.

Sorry to bust your chops, just a comment . . ., be careful to obfuscate critical numbers in the future or be prepard for a bunch of attacks from Palestinian Terratories and China, (No, not a racist, just a pragmatist)

You are looking at it from a technical perspective.

A user will want know how to enter a number correctly. I am supplying the country code, and they are supplying the 10 digit number to call.

Only the countries in the drop down box can be called.

Thanks for the othe info. As I never had this issue until the update was added.

Unless you previously modified your manager.conf (in which case you would have known how to refix it) I just don’t believe you, 184.82.255.118 would NEVER have been authenticated not before updates nor now.

The country code is the + presumptive, you again show your newbieness, at lease use something like 13235551212 , then even my granny in Idaho will know what to dial, some durestrictions use 10 digit dialling some 11, oh well I was a rank amateur once myself. You come here for advice I will throw in my two cents worth as well for free, take it or leave it.

This server has been up for nearly a year and I have zero reasons to go editing the basic files for Asterisk/FreePBX

Then we can conclude that the title of this thread should perhaps more accurately be

“Possible Bug in GeekBoy” ?

Your Welcome.

No, as the issue arose with the patch of 2.10.1 which took it to 2.10.1.1