Polycom auto answer/intercom

I have a polycom VVX 310, and a SoundPoint IP 550 that I want to auto answer and intercom when *80XXX is dialed. However they do no answer when the *80 code is presented before the extension, the phone will ring once, then it presents the caller with a busy tone. I only want these phones to answer automatically when the intercom code is dialed and not all the time. These phones have multiple line keys, is it possible to make an extension that automatically answers? That way there is another number you can dial to intercom, and that the phone does not auto answer when dialing it’s normal number.

Are these phones being configured through Endpoint Manager? Auto-answering intercom calls is usually set up by using Alert Info headers. Polycoms that are set up through the Endpoint Manager will have part of this setup. You may have to make changes to your config files if you are using your own. If you are using EPM, or you feel like you’re setting up alert info headers in your own configuration correctly, it would help to see the config file that’s being sent to the phone(with any important account values removed, like sip address/password/etc.).

1 Like

I don’t have endpoint manager. What are the commands/steps for getting what is needed?

On a VVX, I changed in sip-interop.cfg from
<voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.ignoreString="" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="default" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="default" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="">
to
<voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.ignoreString="" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.class="4" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.1.value="Auto Answer" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="default" voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="">

Also (to make it cut through faster) changed se.rt.autoAnswer.timeout from 2000 to 200.

With luck, this will also work on the 550.
`

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.