Polycom Alert info

Hello,

I am currently having an issue with new versions of Freepbx and getting distinctive ring to function with polycom vvx 300 phones

Using the commercial End point manager I have modified the base file config as follows.

<se.rt.custom18
   se.rt.custom18.name="Low Double Trill"
   se.rt.custom18.ringer="ringer3"
   >
  </se.rt.custom18>

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.value="ebinternal"
   voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.3.class="custom18"

Per Polycom they are looking for the following info inside alert info.

“Alert-Info: info=ebinternal”

Which is found here

I modified the inbound route and added info=ebinternal

And I can see the info is being added to the sip header but the phone even after reboot and resetup does not ever change the ring tone. Can anyone offer some advice on how to get the polycom custom ring to work. I do have it working in an older version without enpoint manager but nothing i seem to do with the licensed version will seem to work.

– Executing [s@func-apply-sipheaders:1] ExecIf(“SIP/2001-0000085c”, “1?Set(CHANNEL(hangup_handler_push)=crm-hangup,s,1)”) in new stack
– Executing [s@func-apply-sipheaders:2] NoOp(“SIP/2001-0000085c”, “Applying SIP Headers to channel”) in new stack
– Executing [s@func-apply-sipheaders:3] Set(“SIP/2001-0000085c”, “SIPHEADERKEYS=Alert-Info”) in new stack
– Executing [s@func-apply-sipheaders:4] While(“SIP/2001-0000085c”, “1”) in new stack
– Executing [s@func-apply-sipheaders:5] Set(“SIP/2001-0000085c”, “sipheader=info=ebinternal”) in new stack
– Executing [s@func-apply-sipheaders:6] SIPAddHeader(“SIP/2001-0000085c”, “Alert-Info: info=ebinternal”) in new stack

I also did a wireshare on the polycom and verified that its getting sent.

Thank you.

What version firmware are you using?

Try removing info= from your AlertInfo field on inbound route.

This is how i have mine configured and it works:

<se.rt.internal
   se.rt.internal.name="Internal"
   se.rt.internal.ringer="ringer2"
   se.rt.internal.type="ring"
   >

voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.class="internal"
voIpProt.SIP.alertInfo.2.value="incoming"

I then select custom on the alertInfo field on the inbound route, and put incoming

I updated the phones to the latest to verify if that was the issue.

IP Mode IPv4
IP Address 192.168.76.62
UC Software Version 5.9.2.3446
Updater Version 5.9.7.19340

I will try to remove the info= but I originally had it that way until I found the post from polycom.

I will give it a try and see if it helps.

Hmm, I just found this so maybe that is why its not working. so perhaps its because I am using class 18.

The phone supports the following ring classes: default, visual, answerMute, autoAnswer, ringAnswerMute, ringAutoAnswer, internal, external, emergency, precedence, splash, and custom<y> where y is 1 to 17.

Following your method did in fact work. I think ideally i didnt realize 17 was max. I changed one of the other custom ones for my need and its in fact working!

Thanks so much!

good deal! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.