Pointer to 'how do i customize FreePBX using *_custom.conf files'

i tried to RTFM, but no joy. if it’s documented, i can’t find it.

i wanted to create an extension that plays a SIT (tone), then “this number is disconnected”, then a busy signal (a fairly simple task). Couldn’t figure how to do this using the GUI, so decided to try my hand at editing the *_custom.conf files. never could get it to work (i’m sure it’s simple, once you know the “secret”), so i resorted to editing extensions_additional.conf directly (bad, bad, boy). Clearly, i can no longer use the GUI to maintain anything, and this is “a bad thing” ™.

this is what i ended up with:
exten => 1151,1,Set(__FROM_DID=${EXTEN})
exten => 1151,n,Gosub(app-blacklist-check,s,1)
exten => 1151,n,ExecIf($[ “${CALLERID(name)}” = “” ] ,Set,CALLERID(name)=${CALLERID(num)})
exten => 1151,n,Set(_CALLINGPRES_SV=${CALLINGPRES${CALLINGPRES}})
exten => 1151,n,SetCallerPres(allowed_not_screened)
exten => 1151,n,Playback(sit)
exten => 1151,n,Playback(ss-noservice)
exten => 1151,n,Goto(app-blackhole,congestion,1)

if i wanted to do this in extensions_additional_custom.conf, HOW do i do this?

It needs to go in extensions_custom.conf and should work when you dial 1151. I am not sure if you have the gosub syntax right. Don’t know it off the top of my head.

The Asterisk CLI is your friend. If you do a dialplan show 1151@from-internal you can see any syntax errors.

Just to clarify, it needs to go under the [from-internal-custom] context header in extensions_custom.conf. Putting it just any old place won’t work. You should be able to insert your code directly underneath the [from-internal-custom] line, which is probably the first line in the file.

is there a way to see how asterisk has loaded all the mismash of conf files? with everything spread out, it’s difficult to see what is actually happening with included files and included contexts.