Please help! Can't make outbound calls

Hi everyone.
I’m a noob. Nice to meet you. Our UK office has a phone that can get the calls, but we can’t make them.
It keeps saying, “All circuits are busy now.” Where can I look for a problem?
So far, I have checked the codecs and tried all possible trunk configurations and dial patterns.

Thank you very much!

Do you have the appropriate outbound route? Please also provide call logs.

https://sangomakb.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SS/pages/31162494/Providing+Great+Debug#Asterisk-Logs—Part-II

“All circuits are busy now” usually means that the provider rejected the call, or by the trunk being “unreachable”, but most causes of the latter result in incoming calls also failing.

Assuming a pjsip trunk (if something else, please provide details), easy things to try are setting From Domain to the same value you have in SIP Server, and From User to the same value you have in Username.

Next, you may be sending the called number in a format the provider won’t accept. For example, to call +44 20 3026 4621, they may require 02030264621, 442030264621 or +442030264621. At the Asterisk command prompt, type
pjsip set logger on
and call in from your mobile. Whatever format you see in the From header of the incoming INVITE, should be accepted for outgoing. Likewise, send your caller ID in the format the provider wants, usually the same as you see in the To header.

If you still have trouble, with pjsip logger on, make a failing call to the number above (it’s a test number), paste the Asterisk log for the call at pastebin.com and post the link here.

1 Like

I believe everything is configured correctly in outbound routes. We already have an SIP trunk for our US office, which works fine.

YOU ARE THE MAN!
Just adding the info to the FROM Domain and FROM User was enough to make calls.
Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.