Playing "composite" messages in an IVR, how?

Is there a way to play “composite” or multi-part messages in an IVR within FreePBX?

For example, during Event A, the IVR message might say:

Welcome to .

For the event manager, press 1;
for directions, press 2; … (etc.).

The IVR message for Event B says "Welcome to " but then plays the same IVR options.

Is there a way that the first part of the message, the “Welcome to…” part, can be a different message from the second part, so that the first part can change while the second part stays the same?

Thanks…

Eric

Wow, the forum sure trashed my message… I’ll try again…

Is there a way to play “composite” or multi-part messages in an IVR within FreePBX?

For example, during Event A, the IVR message might say:

Welcome to (brief description of event A).

. For the event manager, press 1;
. for directions, press 2; … (etc.).

The IVR message for Event B says “Welcome to (brief description of event B)” but then plays the same IVR options.

Is there a way that the first part of the message, the “Welcome to…” part, can be a different message from the second part, so that the first part can change while the second part stays the same?

Thanks…

Eric

Do you want these to change based on did or cid, or will someone change them manually?

To create a composite message you’ll have to create 3 system recordings. Let’s call them “Welcome”, “Event”, and “Instructions”.

Record those with the information you describe. You will notice after you have recording them, saved them and brought them bak up again from the menu, you will see a few extra options. On the Event option, enable the option that allows you to link the recording to an code. By pressing this code, you can change the recording.

Now, bring up the “Instructions” recording. You will notice a couple of boxes at the bottom. One will be blank, the other will have Instructions in it, add another box, and in the two blank boxes you will put Welcome and Event. Using the arrows, arrange them in the playing order. now hen instructions is played, all three recordings will be played in order. By pressing the code you created for evenys, you can change the events recording at will.

Works great, Bill. Really slick. Thanks!

Eric
(catch me on 14.300 MHz Intercon / MMSN most days)