Play voicemail of extension instead forwarded external Number's

I have setup a follow me to an external number. now what happens is when call is transferred to that external number after few rings but instead of getting voicemail of extension on no answer it goes to ivr or response from operator.

how to fix this issue?

I want my system extension’s voicemail to be presented in both cases whether it’s call on external number or my extension no answer.

Enable ‘confirm calls’ for FMFM.

but it will ask the called party’s approval whether he would like to take the call or not

Try to adjust the AMD settings

Without call confirm, there is no way to guarantee that your extensions voicemail will get the call. Because they call forward it out to your cell phone that is currently not reachable will immediately go to your cell phone voicemail.

yeah this is what happening right now.

but sometime it played the extension voicemail.

I can not understand this behavior.

Some of my extensions with the same rule getting extension voicemail even transferred to cell phone and not being answered.

If you use call confirmation , make sure the call timeout is longer than the longest time it takes your cell phone to strat ringing plus the grace answer time, as much as 30 seconds might be necessary

This is not very hard to understand.

Ignore the FreePBX forwarding thing and think about how your cell phone works.

Someone calls you and it:

1. rings for XX seconds before your cellular carrier sends the call to their network’s voicemail (aka your cell phone voicemail).
  2. rings for XX seconds before you reject the call and then your cellular carrier sends the call to their network’s voicemail (aka your cell phone voicemail).
  3. does not ring because of poor service or off and then your cellular carrier sends the call to their network’s voicemail (aka your cell phone voicemail).
  4. rings and you answer it.

All 4 of those conditions mean the call to the cell phone is connected.

Now add in FreePBX. When it sends the call to the follow me logic, if you do not use call confirmation, then all that logic cares about is that the channel is answered by one of the devices it is supposed to ring. All 4 of the above scenarios are valid answers as far as the phone system is concerned.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.