Placing outbound call when vmail is received

Hey all, I have a quick question. I’m working on a project to place outbound call notifications. To test it I currently have the context it uses assigned to an extension so I just dial the extension and it sets off. However, in production I need it to actually be spawned after a voicemail has been received, and pass the mailbox number to the context to use to know which contact record it needs to read from a db. I’ve been using FPBX for a few years now, but I don’t see any obvious way to set this up from within it. I’m currently using FPBX 2.11. Anyone have any ideas? Or even if I have to manually modify any Asterisk/FPBX files to make this work that would be fine too, I just don’t know where to start. Thanks!

Kevin

Traditionally exactly what you want is handled by

externnotify=your.script

in /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf

the script is called with " context extension num_of_messages" as arguments.

Thanks for the fast reply dicko. I saw that in searching the web but anything I saw usually referred to running an external script, like a shell script or php file. How would this work if I need to call a specific context on the pbx? How would it have to be set to do something like pseudo ‘run outbound_call_context (mailbox_id_msg_left_in)’ ? Can that be done?

Kevin

Have your script create a “call.file” in

/var/spool/asterisk/outgoing/

Ok, thanks, I’ll look into that.

Kevin