Pjsip show registrations reports 0 items

The command “pjsip show registrations” was displaying the registration for my trunk. Today it shows “No objects found” . The trunk seems to be registered correctly because I can make outbound calls.

Log says “ERROR[5267] res_sorcery_config.c: Could not create an object of type ‘registration’ with id ‘Callcentric’ from configuration file ‘pjsip.conf’”

Found it!

The pjsip.registration.conf file had

fatal_retry_interval=

So no value gave a syntax error and stopped processing the file. I went to the Trunk on the web interface , found the setting and set it to 10.

This looks like a bug, do we need validation on this field?

A good question is how did the bad “no value” creep into the configuration file? I don’t edit those files manually but rely on the web GUI. The “Trunk” section has been touched in months.

The only thing that happened was that the server was rebooted. It was working fine and then after the reboot, the registration was missing.

I spent a good deal of time attempting to reproduce this and can’t. Nothing I put in the GUI field will cause the line to be written as fatal_retry_interval= and even if I manually edit the file to that and force a reload, I have no issues. If you can figure out a way to reproduce a failure, open a ticket.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.