PJSIP question

Finally trying to switch us to PJSIP, because I don’t like everyone needing a desk as well as mobile extension. I’d rather they just have a single one that they can use on multiple devices simultaneously.

Thing is, I’ve switched us to PJSIP, and upon testing the mobile extension part of my plan, I realized there are a couple of issues:

1. We use DND at night on our desk phones - but when the mobile extension logs on, and somebody calls it, Asterisk reports back that the extension is on DND.

2. When both devices (desk and mobile) are logged into the same extension, only the last one registered rings (would prefer both if possible), and upon disconnecting the last one, the original extension has to re-register to be reachable again.

Suggestions on these, or do I go back to having 2 extensions for everyone?

It doesn’t sound like you set the concurrent connection limit high enough (it should be at least 2). Double check your PJ-SIP settings and make sure your concurrent connectlion limit is set to 2. Note that this is exactly how Chan-SIP works, so you might need to double-check that the phones are actually connecting to the right channel-driver (they will use different UDP ports for their connections).

By default, port 5060 is used to PJ-SIP, but this can be changed in the configuration of the server. so your specific port utilization and situation are dependent on settings only you have access to.

1 Like

Called “Max Contacts” in the settings of your extension. Always defaults to 1 to simulate Chan_SIP

DND is global.

1 Like

… but if your max contacts setting is correct, you don’t need to set DND to get the second set of phones to ring the way you want them too.

1 Like

Thanks!

Adding on one additional thing I had to do.

Like @tm1000 said, DND is global. So my desk phone being set to DND told Asterisk to make my extension DND. Even after turning on Bria on my mobile, Asterisk still saw me as DND/busy. The trick was to remove the DND feature code from our Yealink phones, so DND is only a local feature now.