PJSIP extensions unable to register after converting from chan_sip using Bulk Handler

I would start with getting at least 1 ext working on pjsip. As I said, for myself, I use Sangoma phones with Endpoint manager. Generally, when I changed the channel driver like that, I just switched, hit Submit, and then clicked Apply. It then updated the config on the endpoint and they worked.

Hopefully with some testing, you can get it working.

Very weird. The 1 extension I said that stopped working is registering again. Tried the REGEN option with the import, but still no luck. I am at a loss.

Ok, just going through Extensions, if you pick another extension, go to Advanced, click Change to PJSIP, click ok to the prompt, (do not apply config), then click Submit again, then click Apply config. What happens? This would be a Grandstream phone and you update the port accordingly.

Can anyone provide any suggestions on why 1 extension can register fine on PJSIP but the others can not? I have done a lot of extension importing work using Bulk Handler, so anything that can be related to that? Creating a new extension from the UI fails to register as well. Is there any PJSIP related cache that I can clear?

Any and all suggestions are more than welcomed at this point.

Hey Chris,

From you last comment, I thought you threw in the towel lol; thanks for sticking with me.

I go through the driver conversion just as you stated with the proper prompts, I receive no errors and Asterisk reloads normally. I configure the Grandstream with the Account Name, SIP User ID, SIP Authenticate ID, and Authenticate Password. Submitting changes simply results in failing to authenticate. I can perform the exact same procedure on the working extension and it registers without issue.

So, just to make sure on the steps.

• You went to the Extension
  • Clicked on Advanced
  • Clicked Change to pjsip
  • Clicked Submit
  • It should show Change to chan_sip
  • You then click Apply config (make sure you didn’t hit apply config in the previous steps)
  • You then update the ports on your Grandstream phone (5161 -> 5061)

Also, if you create a new PJSIP extension it works?

Chris,

Yes, I perform the steps just as you laid out for a test extension x1111 and the issue persists. I performed the same process you laid on the working good extension x114 and now the x114 extension can not register, but then I tested the x1111 and now that can register! I can’t make sense of any of this.

Are they any logs I can provide that might assist in narrowing down on the cause?

Phone now shows as registered, but does not create an endpoint entry:

Added contact ‘sip:114_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:41646;transport=TLS’ to AOR ‘114’ with expiration of 3600 seconds
– Contact 114/sip:114_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:41646;transport=TLS is now Unreachable. RTT: 0.000 msec

Able to place calls and everything. Running “pjsip show registrations” shows no objects found and when running “pjsip show endpoints” displays the following:

Endpoint: 114/114 Unavailable 0 of inf
InAuth: 114-auth/114
Aor: 114 1
Contact: 114/sip:114_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:41646;transport 0c7f391c6c Unavail 0.000
Transport: 0.0.0.0-tls tls 3 96 0.0.0.0:5061
Identify: 114-identify/114
Match: 0.0.0.0/0

My server is in an obvious bad state, but not sure how to correct it.

Can you try UDP as the registration on your phone? Ie, register to the server using 5060 and see if that makes a difference? Also, did you set the Transport to Auto, TLS, or UDP?

If you create a new extension as pjsip, and setup a Grandstream to that new extension, does that work?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.