PJSIP Extension only one way response


(Edrick Smith) #1

I’ve got two PJSIP Extensions that are just Cisco SPA Phone Adapters. At two different sites, possibly on the same ISP. That were originally working but over time have stopped.

I’m looking at the PJSIP History using
pjsip show history

I’ve noticed the SPAs that don’t work only seem to be receiving a request but not sending a response.

(Site 1)
00030 1585016807 * ==> SITE1IP:5060 OPTIONS sip:400-708b7bfeb6df4e8c2ab7edafad8a69c9@SITE1IP:5060 SIP/2.0
00031 1585016811 * ==> SITE1IP:5060 OPTIONS sip:400-708b7bfeb6df4e8c2ab7edafad8a69c9@SITE1IP:5060 SIP/2.0

Site 2
00038 1585016820 * ==> SITE2IP:5060 OPTIONS sip:401@SITE2IP:5060 SIP/2.0
00039 1585016822 * ==> SITE2IP:5060 OPTIONS sip:401@SITE2IP:5060 SIP/2.0

That just repeats over and over for those two sites, never receiving an ok response.

I’ve got another two SPA adapters at other sites that are working fine on another ISP. No problems ever

Which are sending and receiving it a response and registered fine.

Site 3

00076 1585016874 * ==> SITE3IP:5060 OPTIONS sip:403@SITE3IP:5060 SIP/2.0
00077 1585016874 * <== SITE3IP:5060 SIP/2.0 200 OK

Which is getting the ok response.

The IPs of the remote site are added in - Connectivity > Firewall The extensions are configured the same as the working ones.

EDIT ADDED:

While posting this the endpoint that most recently started having issues became available again.

= Endpoint 401 is now Reachable
– Contact 401/sip:401@SITE2IP:5060 is now Reachable. RTT: 60.058 msec

Also with the history command I see it sending and receiving the request now;
00849 1585018078 * ==> SITE2IP:5060 OPTIONS sip:401@SITE2IP:5060 SIP/2.0
00850 1585018078 * <== SITE2IP:5060 SIP/2.0 200 OK


#2

When one of the SPAs is having the problem, see if restarting the device to force a registration gets things running for a bit. If it does, check what your sip expiration is set to on the SPA. It could be worth decreasing. For example, if it’s registering every hour, maybe try 2 minutes to see if it changes anything. It kind of sounds like a NAT tunnel closing type of issue.


(Edrick Smith) #3

Rebooting the SPA device hasn’t had any change. I’ll have to get remote access to the SPA to see the expiration value, however as mentioned rebooting it doesn’t change it.

Site 2 which is the one that was down, then randomly came back up a few hours later is still online as of now.

Site 1 is still showing as unavailable.


#4

It’s interesting that rebooting site1 doesn’t lead to a successful registration. At this point, I’d be curious what the registration transaction looks like. Can you start a pjsip trace, then reboot the device and see what shows up. In the acli, you can do something like:
pjsip set logger host ip_of_site1_spa

If you’re not seeing any registration attempts from the device, and you’re sure another device/firewall on the network isn’t blocking it, see if you’re finding any instances of site1’s ip in Admin->System Admin->Intrusion Detection, or Connectivity->Firewall->Status(from the sub menu)->Blocked Hosts.


(Alejandro) #5

Whitelist the sites in the Firewall and Intrusion Detection to rule that out.