PJSIP and the "Dial" field in advanced tab

Here’s the scenario. Users have both a physical phone as well as Zulu phone. When they are set up in the pbx as PJSIP the “Dial” field under advanced tab displays something like “PJSIP/82404”.

This is fine and both phones ring when you call the extension. Here’s my problem.

We also use iSymphony. If I want iSymphony to work with Zulu I have to go into the extension inside of iSymphony admin panel and change the device to “PJSIP/9082404”. That works just fine but since we sync with FreePBX every time that someone makes a change in the pbx and hits “apply config” it sets it back to “PJSIP/82404” in iSymphony.

I can fix this problem by changing the field “Dial” on the pbx under advanced tab to “PJSIP/9082404” which keeps iSymphony set up correctly. The issue is when I change that field to include “90” in the extension that renders their physical phone useless. It doesn’t ring anymore.

Is there anything I can do so that both phones ring and it doesn’t override the “90” change in iSymphony?

maybe:

PJSIP/82404&PJSIP/9082404

Lorne, making that change on the PBX side doesn’t break anything (both zulu and hard phone ring) but setting the peer in iSymphony to “PJSIP/82404&PJSIP/9082404” breaks it in iSymphony. Maybe I need to get a hold of iSymphony and see if there is a way to have multiple peers and then see if it breaks FreePBX.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.