Phones register over WAN. Calls outbound fail

I have ports 10000-20000 (UDP), and 5060 (UDP) pointing to my PBX and forwarded through my Firewall to the internet. I have the FreePBX firewall disabled. Internally extension to extension works and people can call into the phone system from the outside world no problem. The issue I’m running into is when a phone registered over the WAN tries to call out. The call usually fails with a timeout error or I just get no audio and nothing ever really happens. If a phone registered internally tries to call out I have no problem. I understand this is most likely a network/firewall issue but I can’t figure out why. Like I said FreePBX firewall is disabled and ports are forwarded through my firewall.

In Asterisk SIP Settings, confirm that External Address and Local Networks are correctly set. If you change these, after Submit and Apply Config, you must restart Asterisk.

Does a call from an external extension to an internal extension fail? If so, use that as your test case, as it is simpler than calling over a trunk. Otherwise, call a test number such as 1 800 437 7950.

At the Asterisk command prompt, type
pjsip set logger on
make a test call, paste the Asterisk log for the call at pastebin.freepbx.org and post the link here.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.