Hi all - Having a major issue getting some phones to register on FreePBX 16 ( New Installation )
- Our FreePBX 15 server crashed so we Installed FreePBX 16 and it is up and running.
- We have 4 offices all have the same PFsense routers and VPNs and communication is no problem among them all - The system that crashed was working perfectly ( HD Failures crashed the server )
- We have mix of SNOMs and Polycoms ( Soundstation models)
- The “new” system is also working but for I cannot get a number of phones to register – especially the Polycoms. I can only configure them via their GUI from my main office - I do not have access to the physical phone. I cannot rely on the local users either.
- We are using only PJSIP - and on a test phone I ran the fwconsole commands to convert the phones to pjsip successfully. I have removed and replaced the extension a number of times and even tried a “No Password” option for a test. The phone / phones will not register.
We DO have a few phones in each office that did register and are working fine. I have this issue mainly with the Polycom desk phones.
I have limited experience with Wireshark - but in a capture I did see a 401 Not Authorized line on the problem phones. I also see [2022-05-20 17:45:48] NOTICE: res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c:676 log_failed_request: Request ‘REGISTER’ from ‘“Conference” sip:[email protected]’ failed for ‘xxx.xxx.xxx:5060’ (callid: [email protected]) - Failed to authenticate in the Asterisk CLI.
The phones in question were working on the previous server FreePBX 15 but I admit I had similar issues when we first installed it - I had to have some at the remote office sit at the phone and follow instructions to register them.
I hope someone can help me get thewse phones registered … I am also asking if there is a way to get into the phones configuration remotely without using the GUI?