Phonebook CANM Override

Good afternoon,
I am running a couple of Voip.ms trunks and one of the features Voip.ms provides is the Phone Book (Speed Dial and CNAM Override) feature. I can enter names and numbers and create speed dial numbers but it will also refer to my Phone Book entries before looking up incoming Caller Information (CNAM) and transmit this caller information to my FreePBX server via the trunk. So far it is working great.
However, does this function exist within FreePBX?
I created some test entries under Admin-> Asterisk Phonebook but it doesn’t seem to locally resolve the incoming call information.

FreePBX 15.0.16.56 Asterisk Version: 16.9.0

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/CID+Superfecta

The problem with Superfecta is that that if you use CID from your carrier, they have already made the lookup and charged you for it. Even if you don’t want to use it.

This is why I pay for OpenCNAM and specifically do not pay for CID lookups from my provider.

Using OpenCNAM within Superfecta will take advantage of the cache built in to Superfect and only make lookups after the data is stale. On busy systems, this can be a significant amount of money.

CNAM dips are typically between $0.004 and $0.008 per call at the carrier. With VoIP.ms specifically, it is the higher number.

Open CNAM has plans for lower volume.

I use the Standard plan at $0.0039 per lookup.

But since Superfecta cache’s the lookups, I don’t have to pay for all of them.

One system had 6,289 inbound calls in the last 30 days. The carrier charges $0.004
OpenCNAM made 1614 lookups. They charge $0.0039

Carrier: $25.156
OpenCNAM: $6.2946

Monthly Savings: $18.8614 that is a 75% (74.9777389%) savings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.