Phone takes forever to ring

I have the following call flows:

private line
trunk => dynamic routes => time group => ring group

business line
trunk => set called id => dynamic routes => time group 1 => time group 2 => ring group

When I call the private line, the phone rings almost instantly, but when I try the business line, it takes up to 10 seconds to start. This is probably due to the 2 time groups that have to be passed, but I can’t miss them since these contain my holidays and business hours. Dynamic routes checks whether somebody at the office or not, so is also something I cannot miss.

Is there a way of “caching” the current call status (polling is every minute or so) so that the caller doesn’t have to wait the 10 seconds?

Post a call log please.

Can you tell me where to find this log exactly?

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/SUP/Providing+Great+Debug#ProvidingGreatDebug-AsteriskLogs

For this case, you will want the time stamps on the log lines, so get them from /var/log/asterisk/full

I have made test calls and copied the logs according to number:

https://community.freepbx.org/private.txt
https://community.freepbx.org/business.txt

The call trace for the business test is incomplete, we can’t see what time the call started.

Should I download the complete file and post it here?

No, you should provide the trace of a single problem call from beginning to end that indicates at what step the long delay takes place. Each line is time stamped, so it should be obvious which step is introducing delay.

I have updated the links above.

Other strange things are happening: the call announcements (like voicemail) are not working any more, so is MOH for the business number, also when calling a number (private or business), hanging up, the line keeps ringing for 5 seconds after hanging up.

It takes 12 seconds from the time a call first arrives, until the extensions start ringing:

There is a 5 second delay here while dynroutes waits for user input:

[2018-02-07 16:18:50] VERBOSE[14108][C-00000006] pbx.c: Executing [s@dynroute-2:2] Read("SIP/cheapconnect-00000004", "dtmfinput,,0,,,5") in new stack
[2018-02-07 16:18:55] VERBOSE[14108][C-00000006] app_read.c: User entered nothing.

There is a 1 sec wait here:

[2018-02-07 16:18:57] VERBOSE[14108][C-00000006] pbx.c: Executing [0tonumber@ext-group:17] Wait("SIP/cheapconnect-00000004", "1") in new stack

2 more seconds to play this file:

[2018-02-07 16:18:58] VERBOSE[14108][C-00000006] file.c: <SIP/cheapconnect-00000004> Playing 'custom/dank-je-voor-het-bellen-met-opolo-webdesign.slin' (language 'nl')

The remaining time used appears to just be normal call processing without any specific event causing any delay

Ok, so it’s because of my call flow. But is it possible to “cache” this flow so the caller does not have to wait for the steps to happen? So when a caller comes in, it’s directly sent to the current status?

You want to cache the user input? I’m not sure how that’s going to work.

1 Like

I would like to cache the current availability so the systems knows where to go without having to go through each step.

I have solved this by going through every step of the process and eventually deleted the dynamic route to later re-add it. Now the phone rings within seconds and my announcements are back.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.