Phone receiving audio on LAN but not transmitting

Probably a newbie error, but I’ve searched around and am stumped.

I just did a fresh install of freePBX (15.0.16.42) on a VMWare ESXi server sitting on my local LAN.
There is a Cisco SPA504G phone and a 2-line Cisco SPA112 FXS with an analog phone attached, both on the local network. I have created pjsip Extensions and enabled VM for both. I am able to place a call from one device to the other, but no audio is passed. When I dial *43 for the echo test, I hear the prompts but am unable to hear my voice echoed. When I dial *97 to listen to voicemail, I can hear the prompts, but when I press a number on the keypad to select an option the VM system doesn’t respond.

Everything is on a local network, on the same subnet. I don’t have any firewalls that should be interfering. In the firewall module I have my local network in a “Trusted (Excluded from Firewall) zone”.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
-GF

In Asterisk SIP Settings, confirm that External Address and Local Networks are correctly set. If you change these, restart Asterisk.

If you still have trouble, at the Asterisk command prompt type
pjsip set logger on
make a call to *43, paste the Asterisk log for the call at pastebin.freepbx.org and post the link here.

Stewart,
That was it, the Local Networks field was empty. After changing that and restarting everything is working as expected. Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.