Phone Question

Not sure if this is the best place to ask this question but if not please tell me where to go ;>).

We are moving to a new location and want to have 2 phone numbers. We would like them to work as follows:

Phone number 1 rings - user answers it. While on the phone another call comes in. We would like it to flip to phone number 2. If that one is busy then flip to call waiting. If that is busy then flip to voice mail. How can this be done - or can it be done?

Thanks,

Dusty

Not nearly enough info. What kind of “phone numbers”? POTS or SIP? Beyond that, what you want to do probably could be done using ring groups or queues.

BF

Bill:

Thanks for the update. I guess I do not know a lot about phones so I will do my best to answer your question. These would be regular phone numbers from my local telephone company.

Ring groups / queues - would that just be multi line telephones or is there something else I need to read up on?

Thanks,

Dusty

You have POTS…Plain Old Telephone Service. You have LOTS to read up on. This discussion group supports FreePBX which is basically the GUI front end for PBX software called Asterisk.

I’d suggest you start your reading here:

http://wiki.freepbx.org/plugins/servlet/mobile#dashboard/popular/2

BF

Don’t make it hard on the guy.

Order the first line with no call waiting and “busy line forward” then set the forward number to line 2. Order line 2 with voice mail and call waiting.