Phone gets blocked when redialing via missed call log

I have a weird sutuation. I have Grandstream 1615 phones setup. Everything is working fine. The issue I am having now is that if I get a missed called from a certain group of extensions that begin with 17, and I press the dial button to call them back, the logs show

Request ‘INVITE’ from ‘’ failed for ‘phoneip :5060’ (callid: [email protected]) - No matching endpoint found
Request ‘INVITE’ from ‘’ failed for ‘phoneip :5060’ (callid: [email protected]) - No matching endpoint found
Request ‘INVITE’ from ‘’ failed for ‘phoneip :5060’ (callid: [email protected]) - Failed to authenticate

After doing that, fail2ban bans that IP.

But if I do the same thing for other extensions that don’t begin with 14, the call is made and fail2ban does not ban the ip. I can manually make calls to extensions that begin with 17 without a problem.

Anyone know how I can resolve this?

This happens just internally? At first I thought it might be a problem with the outbound route. Sometimes the caller id isn’t in the same format as the dial plan and you can’t just call them back because of that.
Maybe this is it? The caller id is in the wrong format?

When I look at the history, the number for the ones having an issue show the freepbx IP address and not the caller’s phone number so that at least explains the problem. Now I just have to figure out why that is happening to those specific extensions. Thanks for the guidance.

Something is up with the phone config. If you look at the INVITE coming from the phone for one of these failed calls, there is something wrong, either the from header is not correct or the phone is sending to the wrong port on the PBX, something that is preventing Asterisk from recognizing this as a legit call from a registered device.

can the “Bad” phones dial out Directly normally?

Found the issue. The incoming calls were from our Avaya phone system. Avaya was not sending the caller ID so Asterisk couldn’t display the incoming extension number. Once it was fixed on the Avaya side, everything works as expected.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.