Phone Display Name not updating

Hello, thank you for reading my post!

Inherited a FreePBX system setup at a new client but I’m not at all familiar with it.

I am trying to figure out how to change the user’s Display Name that shows up on the phone (at idle). Model is Aastra 6757i.

I’ve logged into the GUI and updated the name under Applications, Extensions. Applied config and rebooted the phone, but the Display Name will not change.

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you

That would be on the telephone, not the PBX

Hmm, I did poke around in the phone settings on the actual units, but did not come across this setting. Does anybody here have the same model and know where this setting is accessed?

Under Line 1-9, Screen Name (and Phone Number)

Thanks for your reply @dicko . So it’s not under Options? I press Line 1, then 9?

No, the screen Names and number can be separate for your ‘up to 9’ sip accounts. You will be likely concerned only with with Line 1

Sorry, I still don’t understand. What buttons do I need to press on the phone to change the display name that shows up when the phone is idle?

No again, you need to set the screen name and number, either in the provisioning file or using the phone’s built in web server, the screen will follow the line you are receiving or sending a call on, again, it is likely that you are only using Line 1 and have four appearances of said line on your bottom right buttons

@GeekBoy said it’s on the telephone, but you are saying its on the phone web server.

Just to confirm, this is the phone owner/user’s display name I am looking to change (as the phone has a new owner now). Not Quick Dials to other people.

Again NO, they are values internal to the phone’s operation and particular to what you see on the little square glowey thing (sorry, couldn’t resist that :wink: ) it can be set and viewed through the phones’ embedded HTTP server, it can also be set/reset by a provisioning server. So the question is

“How are you provisioning your phone?”

FreePBX. I’ve logged into the GUI and updated the name under Applications, Extensions. Applied config and rebooted the phone, but the Display Name will not change.

What GUI?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.