Permission Error on DPMA

I used PBXIAF to do an install on a fresh machine with a brand new Digium 4 port analog telephony card. I did the “purple” install and installed FreePBX 2.11.0.38.

After the install I did a yum install of php-digium_register-3.0.4-1_centos6.i686 and restarted httpd.

Then I went into FreePBX under Digium Addons and installed the Digium Phone Module for Asterisk.

I went to the digium website and got a license for it, and I clicked “Add-License” and filled in my license info. When I submit it though I get the following fatal error:

FATAL ERROR

Failed to open file for license. Do you have the right permissions?

Trace Back

/var/www/html/admin/modules/digiumaddoninstaller/functions.inc.php:800 die_freepbx()
  [0]: Failed to open file for license. Do you have the right permissions?

/var/www/html/admin/modules/digiumaddoninstaller/functions.inc.php:561 digiumaddons_register->register()
  [0]: 
  [1]: DPMA-GPPQ8CKT58TE
  [2]: dpma

/var/www/html/admin/modules/digiumaddoninstaller/functions.inc.php:519 digium_addons->register_register()
  [0]: 
  [1]: DPMA-GPPQ8CKT58TE
  [2]: dpma

/var/www/html/admin/modules/digiumaddoninstaller/page.digiumaddons.php:112 digium_addons->register()
  [0]: dpma
  [1]: 
  [2]: DPMA-GPPQ8CKT58TE

/var/www/html/admin/config.php:414 include()
  [0]: /var/www/html/admin/modules/digiumaddoninstaller/page.digiumaddons.php

This is a dupe of another thread.

Howdy,

The good Scott Griepentrog looked into this and determined a couple of things.

1. There’s no /var/lib/asterisk/licenses directory present on a PiaF Purple, so that’s why it’s failing. Just make one:

mkdir /var/lib/asterisk/licenses
chown asterisk. /var/lib/asterisk/licenses

1. PiaF Purple may be using stock 1.8.28 of Asterisk. If it’s not using 1.8.28-cert, then DPMA won’t work, it requires >=11 or 1.8-cert (or 10-digiumphones, not recommended) versions.

malcolmd, I really appreciate your response. I added the directory and I was able to get past the error. It places a .lic file in that directory.

Now my problem is when I go to Connectivity -> Digium Phones it says

“A valid license for res_digium_phones.so was not found.
Obtain/register a license.”

If I remove the license and change a letter in it, it tells me it’s invalid… so if put in the correct license, I never get an error when I register it. I’ve tried rebooting, apply config… anything logical I could think of.

I’m also using Asterisk 11.10.0, so it shouldn’t be an Asterisk version issue.

Howdy,

Run the Asterisk CLI command to see if DPMA thinks it has a valid license:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/DIGIUM/DPMA+and+the+Asterisk+CLI#DPMAandtheAsteriskCLI-CheckingLicenseStatus