Peer now UNREACHABLE messages

Looking at my fail2ban logs, i seem to see a lot of random messages like the following

chan_sip.c: Peer ‘SIP-Trunk’ is now UNREACHABLE!
chan_sip.c: Peer ‘SIP-Trunk’ is now Reachable.

And these messages are usually within a minute apart. I also get lagged messages like this:

chan_sip.c: Peer ‘SIP-Trunk’ is now Lagged.

My FreePBX server sits directly on the same switch that connects directly to a dedicated 200MB internet line which doesn’t have any speed issues. So I am assuming this may be an issue with the sip trunk provider?

Can anyone advise? Or maybe firewall on my side? Is there any particular special firewall settings I need to do?

This is normal to some degree. You could log into the console and set the verbosity to two and see what happens during the day. You could also periodically check your contacts with pjsip show contacts, after you have switched to the pjsip stack. chan_sip is deprecated and that means that you can expect less and less help.

A 200Mb/s line doesn’t mean anything. There are dozens of problems that can occur despite a very high theoretical speed.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.