PBXact issue with cert manager and generating Lets Get certificate

“There was an error updating the certificate: Failed to connect to mirror1.freepbx.org port 80: Connection timed out”

I can ping mirror1.freepbx.org and get a response on the PBX. Not sure where to go from here.

Hi!

Ping is ICMP type 8 while the port 80 they are referring to is surely port 80 TCP which is HTTP…

A server can be pingable without anything listening to port 80 TCP and a server can be non pingable and listen to port 80 TCP…

The fact it is pingable does suggest the server is up but it doesn’t say much more…

I have checked and from here mirror1.freepbx.org does reply to port 80 TCP…

Have you retried and does your PBX has full access to the Internet or are there any firewall rules involved?

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Yes. The pbx has full internet access. Sangoma firewall was temporarily turned off, I have a hardware firewall with no outbound restrictions and I have 1:1 Nat going to the PBX. Still get a timeout error.

Hi!

Are you able to update that system? (I believe mirror1.freepbx.org is used for updates too…)

Is your range of IP a new one, I seem to remember something about FreePBX’s servers blocking access from IPs which were previously unallocated… I can’t seem to find where I saw that though…

(edit: major typo here…)

I think it was Andrew who mentioned that in the past but I could be wrong…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

That issue is unrelated to this.

Hi Andrew,

So there is an actual know issue with those servers right now? (or there was?)

Have a nice day,

Nick

No there are no issues with the servers and there hasn’t been

So any idea what the OP problem might be?

• Name resolution works ((s)he is able to resolve the name to an IP to ping) so it’s not that.
  • Ping works so it is not a routing problem…
  • (S)He says it is not blocked by a firewall.

The most logical reason for her/him to have this problem would be something on your side…

(but who said the world was actually logical, people got a very good proof of it recently… :innocent:)

Dumb question but what is mirror1.freepbx.org involved with for the Let’s encrypt certificate (I assume this his what (s)he actually meant)?

Have a nice day,

Nick