Parking Module Upgrade breaks Aastra Visual Parking

I have been doing some testing with the Distro ver 3.211.63-5 and I recently upgraded the parking module to version 2.11.0.5. After upgrading the module I can no longer retrieve calls from the parking lot using the Aastra visual voicemail park.php script. Calls park just fine but when I try and retrieve the parked call I get the message that there is no call parked on that extension. I assume that this happens because the new module now separates the Parking Lot Extension from the Parking Lot Starting Position. There never used to be a Parking Lot Starting Position.

I am using the latest version of the scripts, aastra-xml-scripts-2.3.1-98fpbx.

I just want to let people know that this module is not compatible with the Aastra XML Scripts. I don’t know if there will be a fix but for now stay away from upgrading this module if you use the XML scripts.

Actually we encourage people to download and evaluate these changes. Please remember that you have chosen to run beta software (2.11) that was your choice and in doing so we expect you to tell us about these issues, not tell others to run away from them.

2.11.0.5 should have fixed the retrieve error. If you are still getting an error, please add to the bug here:

http://www.freepbx.org/trac/ticket/6375

Make sure to add as much output as possible.

I think it’s something with the Aastra scripts. They may try to look up a table in SQL…not sure.

ya looking at the Aastra scripts they are never going to support the new Parking stuff. And nobody is maintaining these RPMs anymore and because of constant legal issues not sure anyone will. If we had some extra time we would re-write most of them to just be modules in FreePBX and no RPM or crazy cache stuff they do.

I also noticed that the new parking module also does not work with the Fop2 Admin Module.

Here is the error I receive after trying to apply the config when the Fop2 Admin module is installed:

exit: 1 found language dir fr for directory, not installed on system, skipping [FATAL] SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword='parkext' [nativecode=1146 ** Table 'asterisk.parkinglot' doesn't exist]SQL - SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword='parkext'

Trace Back:

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/sql.functions.php:11 die_freepbx()
[0]: SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword=‘parkext’ [nativecode=1146 ** Table ‘asterisk.parkinglot’ doesn’t exist]SQL -
SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword=‘parkext’

/var/www/html/admin/modules/fop2admin/functions.inc.php:71 sql()
[0]: SELECT data FROM parkinglot WHERE keyword=‘parkext’
[1]: getRow
[2]: 2

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf:649 fop2admin_get_config()
[0]: asterisk
1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

The FOP2 stuff has already been fixed by that developer a few days ago. Please go look on his website for the fix

Thanks for the Information.

The Aastra parking module was never a big winner in my book. Now with this app you can just reserve a few BLF’s on the phone for departmental parking.

In fact to me the killer, user friendly feature is to put a park/pickup on the phone for one touch parking in a single slot lot. This gives you the ability to do the boss/admin park scenario and overcome the need to use SLA’s.

In fact if you make 4 or 6 single slot parking lots and map them to the phone you can very handily make a system that is more flexible than SLA’s with the same bush the button to park/pickup the call mentality.

Parking Lot 2.11.0.9

The first line in the overview refers to Park Lot(s)… how do you add multiple parking lots using this module or do you still have to do this in Asterisk?

I was hoping this upgrade would answer my prayers of being able to manage Parking Lots in FreePBX.

pompey, you will want to take a look at Park Pro: http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FCM/Park+Pro

How do I downgrade the parking module to a version that works with the aastra xml scripts? Are there any other modules that need to be avoided for upgrading to maintain xml script compatibility?

Thanks,
Jay