Park-Return to VoiceMail Hangs Up - Why?

The paste is inaccessible (showing as ‘private’ or ‘in moderation’). Please paste it at pastebin.freepbx.org so we can see it.

Maybe because I just set up an account?

Ok - I threw it into your pastebin:

https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/50fbd74e

See the wiki, you can simply pipe pastebin and it will return a link.

So the call is hitting a ring group, when it hits the ring group the ring group is going to set voicemail blocking since the group ring time can exceed the extensions and could put a call in voicemail.

[2021-04-13 15:49:48] VERBOSE[32777][C-00001e78] pbx.c: Executing [600@ext-group:5] Macro(“SIP/WLC-Inbound-0000052b”, “blkvm-setifempty,”) in new stack

Here is the block voicemail GoSub running and setting the GOSUB_RETVAL to TRUE

[2021-04-13 15:49:48] VERBOSE[32777][C-00001e78] pbx.c: Executing [s@macro-blkvm-setifempty:6] Set(“SIP/WLC-Inbound-0000052b”, “GOSUB_RETVAL=TRUE”) in new stack

Here is the check being run when entering macro-vm (which deals with sending the calls to voicemail) looking to see if the block voicemail variable is on the channel

[2021-04-13 15:53:09] VERBOSE[32777][C-00001e78] pbx.c: Executing [s@macro-blkvm-check:1] Set(“SIP/WLC-Inbound-0000052b”, “GOSUB_RETVAL=TRUE”) in new stack

Because the channel has the block voicemail variable set no calls will be connected to voicemail. It will exit before hitting the voicemail app.

Looks like there needs to be a way to clear that in this process. Perhaps a custom destination that fires the block voicemail clear routine before sending it back to the normal process.

2 Likes

Should work, didn’t test:

[clear-vm-block]
; Place this dialplan in the file /etc/asterisk/extensions.custom.conf then 
; create a FreePBX Custom Destination with a Target string of
;       clear-vm-block,s,1
; Enable the 'return' option and then choose the desired destination to follow

exten => s,1,Noop(Entering user defined context clear-vm-block in extensions_custom.conf)
exten => s,n,Macro(blkvm-clr)
exten => s,n,Return()

; end [clear-vm-block]

Wait, what? Not a pjsip issue?

Lies.

PJSIP will have its vengeance, in this life or the next.

1 Like

That’s all well and good, but why is it working now? I have not put in any custom code - All I did is reboot Asterisk and it was fixed - why would it be blocking it before the reboot and not after the reboot - if the block is being applied automatically, where can I turn that off and on again?

I’m still giving PJSIP the stink-eye :wink:

Seriously - before the reboot it was failing on the blkvm flag but after the reboot, it wasn’t - How am I supposed to ensure it doesn’t happen again?

I mean you can, it wouldn’t be right. This is a call that came in over chan_sip, so it is a chan_sip channel. That channel is what is hitting the ring group. It is that channel that is having the block vm flag set on it. It is a chan_sip channel that is being parked, it is chan_sip channel that is hitting the park return.

See where I am going? You can point at pjsip but this all is on chan_sip. But really this could be an IAX or DAHDI channel and the same process happen because its generic channel variable not tied to a tech.

1 Like

Ok, Lorne’s solution worked great - Thanks!

I don’t know why this is necessary, but I will NOT look a gift-horse in the mouth! :wink:

1 Like

Ok - That’s weird - Pastebin sent me this today:

Hello BDC-LLC,

One or more of your Pastes have been removed due to abuse reports:

https://pastebin.com/4KpXXuny
Kind regards,

The Pastebin Team

Why is a log from FreePBX Abusive?

No one here cares.

Also, don’t use pastebin. Use the FreePBX pastebin.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.