Park extension display on phone screen

I am trying to find out if freepbx can display what extension a call is parked on on the phone screen instead of saying it though the earpiece. I have run a Cisco Call Manager system and when a call was parked it would show up on the phone display saying a call was parked at 7781. I have thought about using blfs and having the operator park calls directly to those but they are not do happy with that idea and they think if they have to wait for the system to tell them the parked extension though the earpiece each time they park a call it will slow them down when the system gets busy. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

You can do this using Sangoma’s Phone Apps commercial module but the phone has to be compatible.

I can’t think of a way to do it with Native SIP constructs. In fact, I’m not even sure I can think of a way to do it with BLFs…

With the REST API (which Sangoma provides for their phones) it would be possible, but that’s outside of a normal “FreePBX all things SIP” sort of model.

CallManager does it with a special SCCP message, but you’re not using Skinny, so I just don’t know how you’d do it.

blf’s are an easy way to do this, especially if you add the blf’s to all phones. the operator simply presses “park” (a blf key you define), the call gets parked and the appropriate blf key lights up. no need for anyone to know what extension the call was parked on.