Park & Announce, let attendant record message

I’m experimenting with the Park & Announce module, which in itself is working fine, however…

What I really am looking for is a way to allow the ‘Parker’ (receptionist typically) to record the announcement instead of the Parkee.

We could simply park calls and make an announcement, but I’m hoping to make use of the automatic retry.

what do you want it do exactly

Thanks for taking the time!

Reception answers incoming call, gets info from caller, makes decision to park call.
Parks call, records page “xxxx answer call on 76” or “xxxx” and have the system announce the rest

Call sits in park, periodically paging the intended party to the parked call without any further input from the receptionist.

This automates our existing call parking workflow, the receptionist has better things to do than repeatedly page someone to a parked call. Letting the caller make their own page recording as in the normal park&announce flow won’t fly here, we have a lot of incoming callers that don’t know the parties they’re calling so we can’t expect them to reliably use the setup.

Since the system doesn’t do that now, you’d want to fill in a Feature Request. Look in the Issues tab at the top of the page and you should find it. Sounds like a cool idea.

Be sure you’re clear on the paging part. There are a bunch of ways that you could go with that part, so clarifying your position on what your expectations are will help you get this implemented.

Just to clarify before I code down a rabbit hole.

Reception answers a call (“I would like to speak with John please?”)
Reception Parks the call
Reception activates the PAGING feature, system “beeps” (to indicate its recording).
Reception says “John, call park 76” and then hangsup. (with a # symbol to allow a re-record just in case)
System then plays that message “John, pickup park 76” to the paging group and repeats that message every XX number seconds until the call is answered, or until they hangup.

That’s basically the flow I was imagining, although in my head I assume it would be a direct function of the park system,

Reception answers a call (“I would like to speak with John please?”)
Reception Parks the call
Park system reads back park#, prompts for paging message (beep)
Reception says “John, call park 76” and then hangsup. (with a # symbol to allow a re-record just in case)
System then plays that message “John, pickup park 76” to the paging group and repeats that message every XX number seconds until the call is answered, or until they hangup.

I’ll poke at the module this weekend, try and have something for you early next week to try out.

1 Like

Update. About 1/3 done. The main bit works. :
Reception can place a call into park,
“Call park 71” and then a ‘beep’, where they can record something like “John, pickup park 71”.
Reception can hangup, and this recording is played for a 30 second interval, on repeat over the paging group.

Todo:
1> when the park is picked up, stop playing the paging group message.
2> allow more than 1 call to be parked at once. You might not need this, but there might be situations where you or others who might use it would have 2 or more calls waiting to be picked up.

That’s fantastic, thanks for putting this together!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.