Paging Pro

Hi,

We’ve purchased Paging Pro with the hope of getting notification working for any 911 (accidental or real). I’m sure I am missing something but where is the new setting for “Outbound Notifications”? I’ve watched the video on how to setup page groups and that seems fine but not necessarily what we are after with this module. In the description it says:

“Outbound Notifications - Enables the ability to notify a group of phone(s) when a user dials a specific number, ie: 911. Any page group can be linked in the outbound routes module. When a call is placed a page will go out to the page group notifying the page group of what number was dialed and what user dialed the number. Any user of the page group can dial *1 to barge into the call and speak.”

What’s the proper way to set this up in FreePBX? Ultimately we would like it so an email notification goes out to a specific address anytime anyone dials 911.

Thanks.
Chad

You go into your outbound routes and link a outbound route to a page group.

Hi,

Ok thanks but that will then only ring my extension (or whatever extensions I have in the page group) correct? Was hoping for a way to get an email notification. Is that not currently possible?

No its paging only. Hence why its part of Page Pro

Yep ok just based on the description I guess I was hoping for a different type of notification choices. Do you know of any other way or module to get email notification when a specific outbound route is used? I’ve see some solutions online regarding Post-Dial Processing but not sure if I want to go down that path.

Thanks.