Paging & intercom (feature : paging call --> point 2 point call)

Hello all,

I would like to know if it’s possible to answer a paging call. I would like to ask someone to take a phone (any phone on the domain) and transform the paging call to a point 2 point call using a special feature code.

For exemple I say in the paging call "Mister X, take a phone plz"
Mister X takes a phone and type "*87"
The paging call is transformed to a p2p call with Mister X.

It’s difficult to explain this kind of problem, I hope you understand what I try to say… :smiley:

Hope someone has a great idea to achieve this thing because it’s an important feature for me.

Louis

It could probably be done but likely a non-trivial feature. You would develop a feature code that, when initiated from a receiving phone, it would discover what meetme conference was the one being used for this page (that is how paging works), it would then kick all phones except yours and the originating caller (assuming it can determine who the originating caller was). And they page might have to be done as a duplex page to start out with, unless it is able to switch the conference into a duplex conference. Then you would be left with just the two phones in the conference achieving what you wanted.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

Before to say anything others, thank you for the answer.

I’m a novice to Asterisk and FreePBX, could you give me documentation pointers to achieve this style of development. If you have any advise it would probably help me a lot…

A small precision, I would like to associate one feature code to one pager group. Any extension even one out of the pager group should be able to be directly connected to the originating paging caller (thus one out of the meet me conference too).

Louis

If you are a beginner to Asterisk (where the require knowledge is going to be for this) then you are going to have to do a whole lot of learning about Asterisk, almost certainly internal, to achieve this. This probably falls in the realm of asterisk developer capable vs. advanced user. Not something you can just point someone to a wiki page and say here’s all you need to know to accomplish it, unfortunately.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx