Paging escalation for VM

Good Morning All,

I have a need for the ability to Escalate the noise level when a Voice Mail is not collected by someone. Example;

New VM send Page/SMS to the on call device.

10 Mins Latter if the message is still mark new it repeats the 1st notification.

10 Mins Latter it sends to a group of three on call devices.

10 Mins latter it sends to the same expanded group.

15 Mins Latter and every 15 Mins till it is listened to it notifies the entire departments pagers, till someone puts the beer down and handles the call.  

Has anyone built this function ?  Should this be a feature of the FreePBX paging Module ?  

TIA,  JMS..

I posted a solution on VM notify with multiple numbers on the trixbox forums.

http://www.trixbox.org/forums/trixbox-forums/open-discussion/vm-notify-multiple-phone-numbers-solution-here

You could take what I have done and make some slight modifications to the code to suite your needs.

Thank You, I will look at your work and see what I can implement.

When done would you mind if I submit the combined effort to the FreePBX group for inclusion in a future release ?

[quote=“m2oore”]I posted a solution on VM notify with multiple numbers on the trixbox forums.

You could take what I have done and make some slight modifications to the code to suite your needs.[/quote]

I posted it there for everyone’s use. Modify and post how ever you want. =)

m2oore,

have you updated your code to work with asterisk 1.4?

I have tried implementing it and haven’t had any luck.

I’m quite a noob when it comes to understanding what goes on behind the scenes in */Trixbox, but am willing to learn.

I’m also willing to pay for help too.

Thanks,

-Mike
[email protected]