Override pjsip.identify.conf

Hello, our voip provider does not maintain SRV records for it’s sip server. SRV addresses differ from A IPs and provider said we must use IP addresses defined in A record.
However i can not make Freepbx 14.0.13.12 respect A records instead of SRV.
I want to add srv_lookups=no to the identify section.

Currently in pjsip.identify.conf i have this content:

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
;          Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX.             ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; For information on adding additional paramaters to this file, please visit the ;
; FreePBX.org wiki page, or ask on IRC. This file was created by the new FreePBX ;
; BMO - Big Module Object. Any similarity in naming with BMO from Adventure Time ;
; is totally deliberate.                                                         ;
#include pjsip.identify_custom.conf

[ovh-0724]
type=identify
endpoint=ovh-0724
match=sip5.ovh.fr

[mixvoip]
type=identify
endpoint=mixvoip
match=ipx.mixvoip.com

If i override in pjsip.identify_custom.conf i get error:

[mixvoip]
type=identify
endpoint=mixvoip
match=ipx.mixvoip.com
srv_lookups=no

After fwconsole restart i get this error in asterisk log:
ERROR[26611] res_sorcery_config.c: Config file ‘pjsip.conf’ could not be loaded; configuration contains a duplicate object: ‘ovh-0724’ of type ‘identify’

And then identify is empty for both trunks.

Any suggestion how to override phsip.identify.conf? Or is there a setting in Freepbx GUI so i can disable srv_lookups ?

The right way to do an override or add extra parameters to a block is to use pjsip.identity_custom_post.conf (not pjsip.identity_custom.conf) and use syntax like this:

[mixvoip](+type=identify)
srv_lookups=no

this takes the existing [mixvoip] block that FreePBX creates and adds the srv_lookups=no parameter to it. You do not have to redefine the whole block.

ERROR[24247] config_options.c: Could not find option suitable for category 'mixvoip' named 'srv_lookups' at line 2 of /etc/asterisk/pjsip.identify_custom_post.conf
ERROR[24247] res_sorcery_config.c: Could not create an object of type 'endpoint' with id 'mixvoip' from configuration file 'pjsip.conf'

Please note there are multiple [mixvoip] sections defined in :slight_smile:

pjsip.identify.conf:[mixvoip]
pjsip.registration.conf:[mixvoip]
pjsip.endpoint.conf:[mixvoip]
pjsip.aor.conf:[mixvoip]
pjsip.auth.conf:[mixvoip]

Should i add type=identify somewhere?

My experience is that doing custom includes of existing pjsip contexts sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t, due to the fact that the context names are reused for the various types. I have not found a method to modify an existing identify.

edit - it does work, see above.

Why there are the *_custom.conf files if they can not override the GUI settings?

I would like if possible using pjsip.identify_custom.conf and enter all the contexts from pjsip.identify.conf and modifying what i want but this throws error no matter _custom.conf is included before the .conf content.

Is there a documentation about overriding .conf files in freepbx ?

The SIP way to do this would be to put the hostname (“A” record) followed by the port. e.g. ipx.mixvoip.com:5060. Specifying the port bypasses SRV lookup. I do not know whether this would work here.

Anyway, it’s not a long list (I see seven IP addresses in the A record), so you could just list them out.

The configuration parser has functionality to limit things so it works as expected, example:

[mixvoip](+type=identify)

That looks for a section called “mixvoip” and then requires “type=identify” to be set in it to be considered.

6 Likes

Ooooh! Where has this secret been hiding? This is great.

The wiki[1]? :smiley:

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Adding+to+an+existing+section

Just added October 3: https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/pages/diffpages.action?originalId=42565866&pageId=42565868

I was wondering how I missed this before.

I’m glad for this!

edit: Updated the answer above to reflect new information.

Shhhhhhhh, don’t look at the history behind the present.

1 Like

OMG this is beautiful. Christmas comes early this year!

2 Likes

@jcolp , did you invented FreePBX?

It is working perfect:

voip*CLI> pjsip show identify mixvoip

Identify:  <Identify/Endpoint...........................................................>
      Match:  <criteria...........................>
==========================================================================================

Identify:  mixvoip/mixvoip
      Match: 185.125.183.7/32

ParameterName : ParameterValue
 =============================================
 endpoint      : mixvoip
 match         : 185.125.183.7/255.255.255.255
 match_header  :
 srv_lookups   : false

@billsimon , i can’t add static number of IPs as they may change. It’s a cloud service. They add the live IP addresses in A record with very short TTL.

I wonder if asterisk respects TTL and periodically update identify IPs if DNS changes.

I work on Asterisk.

As for the identify section respecting TTL, it does not currently.

Changing the A records in DNS server will not automatically update identify?
Any workaround ? Shortening the expiration time?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.