Outgoing route per extension

Hello;

This is my first post and I would want to explain myself clearly, since I’m new to FreePBX. I started to use it about 3 months ago and I learned lots of things but I stuck with one concrete issue I don’t seem to manage to solve because I could not find an answer looking all the day through Google. Here I go:

I have 5 trunks, each one has a telephone number. Let’s say Trunk1 has 1111, Trunk2 has 2222 and so on.

I have 100 SIP extensions. Let’s say from 1 to 100.

I have 5 Outbound Routes, each one going to each of the five Trunks. Let’s say that the patterns to use each one are prefixes 1,2,3,4 and 5, so for example when I want to call some landline or cellphone through the number 1111 I have to dial 1 + country code + number.

What I want to accomplish is to make some specific extensions don’t need to dial the Outbound Route pattern in order to make calls. For example, make extensions 1 to 10 call directly dialing with country code + number through the Outbound Route I configure, like an autocomplete.

Why this? because we have 5 departments and I want each department use the corresponding trunk without needing to dial any pattern, just by configuring which extensions will use which outbound route.

I hope I made myself clear.

Thank you very much for your help!

Sigh.

I’m sure there’s a reason why you think this is a good idea, so I’ll give it a try. Be warned, though, that your approach isn’t particularly well suited to the single-tenant model that FreePBX uses.

The first approach is to use the “Caller ID” field on the outbound route. Set each phone so that it’s caller ID matches one of the five outbound routes. You can use extension number wildcards, or set the outbound caller ID so that it’s just the same.

In fact, that’s probably the simplest. Try that and let us know if it’s what you are looking for.

Ohhh, wow, I think it solved the issue! You were right!

I configured every Outbound Route with a pattern without prefix, but with the extension as the CallerID. If I call with that extension it goes to the matching Outgoing Route without having to dial the prefix, which is working as expected.

It was common sense, thanks for the help :slight_smile: