Outgoing email coming from ""[email protected]____"@_______.com

I used to use Gmail for notifications but it’s been changing things lately and I just don’t want to have to deal with it so I am using my own email server off my domain.

It’s working except for two things:
No matter what I try emails are coming from “[email protected]_address”@emailserver.com

I’ve tried adding
root [email protected]
asterisk [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]

to the /etc/postfix/generic file to no avail.

2nd Issu: it appears that gmail seems to be rejecting the emails coming from the pbx. I’ve been able to send to a lot of other email addresses including ProtonMail but it appears Gmail and services like Yahoo are rejecting them. The pbx says they are sent but they never show up.

I’ve gone through the testing and settings on the host server for Mail Deliverabilty to make sure my MX records are straight and all that ( DKIM, SPF, PTR are checked and verified)

Which brings me to the funky “from” name ----

Has anyone successfully gotten this changed?

Welcome back. :slight_smile:

This issue has been identified indeed.
I’m working on this kind of issue right now.

Question: Do you use sysadmin , Email settings (I think yes)
image
It’s just for vm notifications, or everything?

Please just be patient. :wink:

Yes, for VM notifications. Yes, using external email server I have hosted elsewhere.

I am still trying to figure out the final bit but I’ve gotten it close to where it will deliver to Gmail and will deliver with attachments.

One of the important things is that you have your email server/domain set up correctly with you MX and DMARC records.

Next I added this all inside ‘/etc/postfix/generic’

root [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
asterisk [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]
[email protected] [email protected]

then to rewrite the domain for all addresses from the local pbx, use this format in ‘/etc/postfix/generic’:

@freepbx.localdomain @real-domain.com

then add the following to the end of /etc/postfix/main.cf

smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic

and

inet_protocols = ipv4

When I did all of this it solved most of the deliver issues but as I said you need to use something like MxToolBox to check your mailserver and make sure you’ve got USE TLS on in the System Admin module settings.

Thanks for your feedback.

For my part, I was not able to reproduce this issue.
I just forwarded the ticket to the QA team to test this case.
I checked on two different systems. Everything was good.
Weird.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.