Outbound stopped working after upgrade to 2.8 (POTS), showing DAHDI/g0 instead of Zap/g0

I have upgraded today from 2.7 to 2.8 and all was still working besides the outbound, I started having “All circuits are busy now” message.

I have three cards connected to 3 POTS lines.
Asterisk version is 1.4.23.1

My trunk is set to ZAP (with dahdi compatibility)
All was working fine before the upgrade.
I tried to restart the pbx machine (from linux) and still did not solve the problem.

I have checked the asterisk log it is showing the following:
The trunk is showing DAHDI but the trunk is ZAP with dahdi compatibility, previous to version 2.8 the same call would go out as
ZAP/g0
instead of
DAHDI/g0 (version 2.8)

Any suggestion on how to fix it?

[Mar 11 14:39:58] VERBOSE[6181] logger.c: – Executing [[email protected]:19] Dial(“SIP/400-0951a6e8”, “DAHDI/g0/01222333|300|”) in new stack
[Mar 11 14:39:58] WARNING[6181] channel.c: No channel type registered for ‘DAHDI’
[Mar 11 14:39:58] WARNING[6181] app_dial.c: Unable to create channel of type ‘DAHDI’ (cause 66 - Channel not implemented)
[Mar 11 14:39:58] VERBOSE[6181] logger.c: == Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/0/1)
[Mar 11 14:39:58] DEBUG[6181] app_macro.c: Executed application: Dial
[Mar 11 14:39:58] VERBOSE[6181] logger.c: – Executing [[email protected]:20] NoOp(“SIP/400-0951a6e8”, “Dial failed for some reason with DIALSTATUS = CHANUNAVAIL and HANGUPCAUSE = 66”) in new stack

Fixed it temporarily by editing /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf and modifying DAHDI/g0 to Zap/g0
then

amportal restart

voila!