Outbound routes limit reached at 103 routes 104 and after fail

I use my outbound routes to use different callerids. I use routes across the USA and now have setup over 103 routes. Most of these routes are connected to the different callerids I use. Every different callerid has a different prefix that is dialed.

After 103 outbound routes, route number 104 and after does not work! If I move route number 104 to 103 it works! Moving route 103 to 104 causes it not to work!

Is there a patch that can be applied to make more routes available? There are over 200 area codes in USA and Canada. We should be able to have at least 300 routes in the outbound routes configuration. And then I have different offices in different parts of the country that want same callerid area codes, but will use a different prefix specific to that office. So with 10 offices I should have theoretically room for 3000 outbound routes.
I would be happy with 300!

Personally I think you are setting your system up incorrectly if you need this many outbound routes. How many trunks do you have? 200?

These are usually limitations in Asterisk and if you have custom contexts enabled it will also limit you (so you should check and disable that)

Is there some custom outbound route that can be created in asterisk config filed, that would relate the area code dialed to the outbound caller id?

I assume you’re looking to set the caller ID based on the outbound number, correct?

I have 14 trunks that I have created and use. They work fine, no problem.

More specifically:
I use my outbound routes to select different callerids on a per call basis. Every different route is given a unique prefix that is dialed to prior to the 10 digit phone number.
Dialing *703-1-area code and number shows a Virginia callerid to the recipient of the call.
Dialing *507-1-area code and number shows a Minnesota callerid to the recipient of call.
etc for over 100 area codes across USA and Canada.

Is there a different way to do the same thing that I don’t know about?

I am not trying to match area code with area code. Selection of callerid is up to the person dialing the call. See my other reply on how that looks.

That sort of manipulation would more efficiently be done in a customized and over-ridden [macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook] that sets your CallerID(number) depending on the ${EXTEN} called context.

However you enter a grey area, it is actually illegal to solicit or harass using a CID number presentation that you do not own and cannot be reached at. It could cost you $1000 dollars for each transgression that was successfully reported and followed up on. I personally take those steps, occasionally to my ultimate satisfaction :slight_smile: .

From the schmoozecom website:

The CallerID Management module is a unique way to modify the Caller ID that is outpulsed on the fly. By dialing a simple feature code you can change the Caller ID for the next call on your extension.

Which, depending on your usage might be illegal.

(and certainly raises the possibility of some kind of unnecessary/unwelcome subterfuge)